Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well even though I never got a call back from CP about the bars I ordered (they were too long on the right side), I got them on.

Did a little modification here and there and got them to look the way I wanted.

As you can see, the front end is really cleaned up when you run the wires through the bars. Threw on some Arlen Ness Rad II mirrors while I was at it to get rid of the big "doe ear" (that's a deer reference for the city folk out there! :D) stock mirrors. The mirrors are great as long as you don't want to see anything in them. :) Actually, they are not that bad, but they are tiny! Ah, the consequences of vanity.

However, now the ugly black throttle cables stick out like a sore thumb... and the aluminum fork legs don't match... and the aluminum triple tree doesn't match... and,... uh oh! :)

Here are a couple pics...

·
Registered
814 Posts
Jaysturn,

Are you planning to do anything with the reservoirs? Relocate?

·
Registered
255 Posts
What are the specs on those bars? I am getting some soon, not sure if CP or stock but I want somthing fat. Hows the fit and feel?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Bars & Reservoirs

Roller said:
Jaysturn,

I was thinking about the same thing. Where would you relocate them to? I guess I never really thought about it before now, but that would really clean things up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
What made you decide on the CP bars instead of the Baron's??? Could you state what length risers you used and how is the feel verse the stock handle locations. Are your hands closer or futher away?

Could you also post some picture of your new handle bars from a full side view and front?

Thankyou

DWA

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The bars have a 6" rise. The reason I went with the CP bars over the Baron's was because of a post put up by someone who worked for CP. Basically the post said stuff like "we know we had some issues with our bars, but we fixed them and are dedicated to making sure our customers get the best quality and service, blah blah blah"

Turns out that proved to not be the case. The bars I got were too long (about 1/4-3/8" too long on the right hand side, had to cut them down). They also did not come with bolts to mount the bars. I e-mailed CP and they never got back to me.

Regardless... the bars look great.. 1.5" diameter, definitely beefy. Reach is a little longer, but is very comfortable. Handling did not seem to change.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Roller said:
Jaysturn,

That would be cool as hell... if anyone has any ideas how this can/could be done, I'd love to hear it!

At the least I will probably be looking to swap them out for some chromed ones.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Very cool.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts