Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 1300R with a Fairing and Im looking for a combination GPS and Stereo or CD Player. Ive been looking everywhere and cant seem to find anything short of the Tsukayu Philips GPS Stereo with Electronic Shock Protection, Bluetooth®, Radio, DVD. And Im not even sure if I can just buy the GPS/Stereo or if I have to buy the entire setup? Is there anything out there short of going with a standard Car or Truck setup. Ive looked into Marine also for the weather/waterproof factor but with no luck. We all love listening to some tunes while riding, where the hell are all the setups so we can customize our rides? Any help would be appreciated! Grazie

·
Registered
11 Posts
fairing with a double din

I'll have one out in about a month. If you are interested I could send you some pics email me or pm me. I read your thread in vtx cafe as well. I'm thinking mine will be around $600. to your door but may have a premier deal so I'll let you know but it will be of highest quality only problem it will mount on any vtx 1300. but really looks good on a R. Also like i said there isnt anything like it out there that i know of. Also have bags and trunk coming as well. I will say this it is not for the guys that are to cheap to buy nice things. Cause it is hand made and my design. My part time company is Eye Kandie Kustoms- The product Line is Called NV

·
Registered
60 Posts
And Im not even sure if I can just buy the GPS/Stereo or if I have to buy the entire setup?
Some GPS units have an SD Card slot and will play music. Of course, you still need a way to push it to speakers...

I just put a fairing on my bike, and mounted a JVC stereo w/ Infinity marine speakers. I've got GPS on my Android HTC phone, so I also ordered a handlebar mount carrying case, which seems to work nice. I can pipe the GPS through my Cardo Scala headset, and listen to music through the speakers on the fairing.

Best of both words and different audio options!

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Just bought a 1300R with a Fairing and Im looking for a combination GPS and Stereo or CD Player. Ive been looking everywhere and cant seem to find anything short of the Tsukayu Philips GPS Stereo with Electronic Shock Protection, Bluetooth®, Radio, DVD. And Im not even sure if I can just buy the GPS/Stereo or if I have to buy the entire setup? Is there anything out there short of going with a standard Car or Truck setup. Ive looked into Marine also for the weather/waterproof factor but with no luck. We all love listening to some tunes while riding, where the hell are all the setups so we can customize our rides? Any help would be appreciated! Grazie
Can be a big difference between "Fairing" and "Batwing Fairing" Many fairings come with inner liner that will accept stereo, speakers amp etc. Batwing does NOT have inner liner. Batwing (which is what I have) leaves you with the option of handlebar mounted components. Shark Audio has many options, but the bass seems to be lacking.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
I've got a Shark audio system with my Memphis Shades batwing fairing. Really like it, especially for the price, but as stated above it severely lacks bass/low end.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts