Honda VTX Forum banner
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
God damn, That image hit home! My Nancy was the best rider I ever had. I miss her every day.

·
Registered
10,249 Posts
My sympathies to anyone who loses their 'riding buddy'. My wife loved going for rides with me, but she's had Parkinson's for going on 5 years now. She can't get on or off the bike. So when I ride it's solo or alongside a friend or 2. I fear her years are numbered in single digits, and will miss her extremely when she departs. It's been a pretty good run so far.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
My condolences too to those fellow members who lost their riding buddy, as mentioned above.

To get us out of the slump and back on topic, please allow me to transition us with some light humor.

Tire Automotive tire Motorcycle racer Superbike racing Motor vehicle

It is actually true. One of my friends got married and his MIL is forcing him to sell his 2 wheels. I told him he needs to grow a pair.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Well, not to sound unkind but, if his MIL really made him sell his wheel, he's got bigger problems than the loss of a bike.

·
Registered
10,249 Posts
GOD is a biker.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
A little off topic but, what the hell. At 67 years old I've seen/learned a thing or two. Guys (or women I suppose) who try to adapt to something other than their own true nature to please a mate always wind up unhappy. Why in hell would you do that? Set yourself up for a lifetime of pretending. I told both my kids, if you can't be 100% yourself the whole thing is shit, and will fall apart.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
A little off topic but, what the hell. At 67 years old I've seen/learned a thing or two. Guys (or women I suppose) who try to adapt to something other than their own true nature to please a mate always wind up unhappy. Why in hell would you do that? Set yourself up for a lifetime of pretending. I told both my kids, if you can't be 100% yourself the whole thing is shit, and will fall apart.
Amen!
It took my wife 17 years to realize that. I think she's even a little happier now. Sometimes it takes some thinking to make oneself happy.

·
Registered
10,249 Posts
Amen!
It took my wife 17 years to realize that. I think she's even a little happier now. Sometimes it takes some thinking to make oneself happy.
Some of them actually have to have something between their ears in order to realize that.

Reactions: Blast

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Since we are in it this deep, I'll share a little something with you guys. Yeah I know it's 3 o'clock in the morning but I just don't sleep that much anymore. I was working as a surveyor/engineer in the 70s and was assigned to an addition of a nearby hospital. My job was to go up on the steel superstructure and insure each added floor was plumb and level. Cheaper than building upon a mistake. This Hospital (Holy Name, Teaneck, NJ) had a nursing school. I was there for months. As spring came around I was taken by one of the nursing students I saw walking forth and back to classes. I hollered her up from up on the structure. She turned around and said; "If you want to talk to me, come down here". I did. A couple weeks later I took her out for a picnic and swimming on my old Pan. A year after that we were married. And thats that. She gave me two beautiful children. Passed from cancer in fall of '06. Forgive an old man for rambling. Like I said I just don't sleep that much.

·
Registered
10,249 Posts
Since we are in it this deep, I'll share a little something with you guys. Yeah I know it's 3 o'clock in the morning but I just don't sleep that much anymore. I was working as a surveyor/engineer in the 70s and was assigned to an addition of a nearby hospital. My job was to go up on the steel superstructure and insure each added floor was plumb and level. Cheaper than building upon a mistake. This Hospital (Holy Name, Teaneck, NJ) had a nursing school. I was there for months. As spring came around I was taken by one of the nursing students I saw walking forth and back to classes. I hollered her up from up on the structure. She turned around and said; "If you want to talk to me, come down here". I did. A couple weeks later I took her out for a picnic and swimming on my old Pan. A year after that we were married. And thats that. She gave me two beautiful children. Passed from cancer in fall of '06. Forgive an old man for rambling. Like I said I just don't sleep that much.
Cool memories, appreciate them, thanks for sharing. Sorry for your loss.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts