61 - 80 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive tire

·
Premium Member
3,623 Posts
Retirement means having 6 Saturdays and a Sunday EVERY week!
To me though, living in a Colorado that is getting crazier every year it means that I don't ride on either the real Saturday or the real Sunday. Getting stuck on i70 or i25 is no fun. I usually need those two roads to get where I love riding or come back: i70 to go west into the mountains or i25 going north into northern Colorado or Wyoming. At times I have taken naps on the side of i70 waiting for traffic to clear, but that was before retirement.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
To Joe T, man that looks like a ball. I did a little bit of dirt track a LONG time ago. And to henkvdb, I hear you loud and clear. Here in Hackensack (7 miles from NYC) the weekend traffic out of, and back into the city is crazy. Now that I am retired I leave early Friday and return on Monday. It has been a real pleasure. I love getting up into the Adirondacks, Catskills, Green mts. (Vermont), or Poconos. I have a few mom and pop motels that I use in each location. A couple of them even allow me to use their garden hose if I want to rinse off the bike. Old fashion places, mostly just two wings of rooms off a central office. But, always clean and fresh.

·
Registered
10,367 Posts
To Joe T, man that looks like a ball. I did a little bit of dirt track a LONG time ago. And to henkvdb, I hear you loud and clear. Here in Hackensack (7 miles from NYC) the weekend traffic out of, and back into the city is crazy. Now that I am retired I leave early Friday and return on Monday. It has been a real pleasure. I love getting up into the Adirondacks, Catskills, Green mts. (Vermont), or Poconos. I have a few mom and pop motels that I use in each location. A couple of them even allow me to use their garden hose if I want to rinse off the bike. Old fashion places, mostly just two wings of rooms off a central office. But, always clean and fresh.
Come just a little further west. I'm 1/2 hr. N of Flt. 93 Memorial.

·
Registered
38,486 Posts
Since we are in it this deep, I'll share a little something with you guys. Yeah I know it's 3 o'clock in the morning but I just don't sleep that much anymore. I was working as a surveyor/engineer in the 70s and was assigned to an addition of a nearby hospital. My job was to go up on the steel superstructure and insure each added floor was plumb and level. Cheaper than building upon a mistake. This Hospital (Holy Name, Teaneck, NJ) had a nursing school. I was there for months. As spring came around I was taken by one of the nursing students I saw walking forth and back to classes. I hollered her up from up on the structure. She turned around and said; "If you want to talk to me, come down here". I did. A couple weeks later I took her out for a picnic and swimming on my old Pan. A year after that we were married. And thats that. She gave me two beautiful children. Passed from cancer in fall of '06. Forgive an old man for rambling. Like I said I just don't sleep that much.
Me neither.
I lost The Love Of My Life this past July, also from Cancer.
43 years together, through thick and thin.
Never had kids.

She didn't care much for riding.

If I was in a foul mood, or worried about something she'd say "I think you need a ride",
and I'd go.
We lived in our house for 28 years, now it sees empty.

I'm lost...

·
Registered
10,367 Posts
Me neither.
Never had kids.

If I was in a foul mood, or worried about something she'd say "I think you need a ride",
and I'd go.

I'm lost...
Don't toss in the towel. We're here to listen.

·
Registered
38,486 Posts
Thanks Rangers.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Me neither.
Never had kids.

and I'd go.

I'm lost...
Very sorry to hear, please accept my condolences.
It is a fresh and deep wound and won't heal quickly.
When I lost my father, it was unexpected and angering. I did not know how to deal with that. I was not only lost but angry, very.
They say "time heals". That is total BS. Time has no healing properties. It should say "time helps you get used to it". Because that's what actually happens.
Give it time. Think of all the good things. Think of the good times you've had. Maybe talk with other family members about the good times, if that helps you.
I don't know more, sorry, I am no shrink. Find out what helps you feel better. Everybody deals with grief differently. Maybe her words still hold true: go ride.
Again, very sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
38,486 Posts
Very sorry to hear, please accept my condolences.
It is a fresh and deep wound and won't heal quickly.
When I lost my father, it was unexpected and angering. I did not know how to deal with that. I was not only lost but angry, very.
They say "time heals". That is total BS. Time has no healing properties. It should say "time helps you get used to it". Because that's what actually happens.
Give it time. Think of all the good things. Think of the good times you've had. Maybe talk with other family members about the good times, if that helps you.
I don't know more, sorry, I am no shrink. Find out what helps you feel better. Everybody deals with grief differently. Maybe her words still hold true: go ride.
Again, very sorry for your loss.
Thanks, Lou.
When she passed, I was angry at God.
Due to how I lived my life in the past, and with my health issues,
I was sure I was going 1st.

It's ever so slightly better now.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
Thanks, Lou.
When she passed, I was angry at God.