Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got back from a 2 day tour. Went over La Veta pass in colorado then took a spin through the enchanted circle which starts in Raton NM goes through cimmaron and eagle nest than taos, than back home to Albuquerque. If anyone is the that area I strongly recommend the ride. Lots of twistys and beautiful scenery! 8)

·
Registered
786 Posts
I didn't know there was a name for the "Enchanted Circle". I rode the area before Coloradical II. It was an awesome area. :!: :!: :!:

The green of high valleys against the bright blue sky, sweeping down from elevation through the Pines and into the desert setting of Taos, How can it get any better?

You know you have ridden through the away back machine when you come around a bend and have to get on the binders when the road is full of cattle being pushed by a border collie and an old timer with one horsepower under him :D

Great memories

·
Registered
228 Posts
I saw the biggest herd of elk I have ever seen on the mountainside above the highway in the big curve just west of La Veta pass.
My wife and I will be riding up to Taos and Red River for the Memorial Day Run. One of my favorite areas.
You're lucky to be in New Mexico.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes its a beautiful area. On the ride I only saw 2 elk 4 deer and too many antelope to count. La veta still had about 4 feet of snow on top but the road is clear and rideable. Just a little sand on the curves now so if you go be careful

1 - 4 of 4 Posts