Honda VTX Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9,879 Posts
In my high school economics class ( do they still have those ?) in 1968
Question: How much is a truly fair and legal price for anything that's for sell ?
Answer: As much as the market will bear.

That's pretty much my thoughts on the subject too.
It's not Gayvolta's fault that there are stupid people willing to shell out silly amounts of money for his scribbles.
Let silly sheep be sheep. Free country. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I would never pay to see someone or get an autograph. They are only people like every one else. I never went to see JFK or RFK while living in Boston. I wouldn't even pay or go out of my way to see the Pope. He is just another person to me.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Many, many moons ago I got a George Burns autograph for just accidently passing him in a hotel in Dallas. Fast forward to a few years ago, the local H.S. was building an addition and Emmit Smith was working with the concrete contractor. When the Superintendent of the school asked E. Smith to sign a football for the trophy case.....$600.00 needless to say the school passed. Shame on these people

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
My wife met Francis Ford Coppola about 25 years ago when she was running a fuel island and Coppola and a crew with him stopped for diesel. He gave her a bottle of wine from his winery and autographed it for on the spot, and did the same for two other people working there. Just super friendly and courteous. We still have the bottle and it's about half full now.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts