Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this forum and forum chats all together. I went to my local bike shop asking questions and they didn't know much about the VTX, except that it inst a Harley. I have a 2008 VTX 1800 and I wanted to do some customization this season. Specifically, I wanted to put some 11 inch mini ape hangers on my bike this year but I am having trouble locating cables. Can anyone point me in the right direction. I am planning an exhaust and air cleaner switch out as well but I have been able to find those parts pretty easily. I will be posting pictures soon as I start working on my project. Looking forward to your responses.

Cap

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Welcome! Poke around the site and you'll always find great mod ideas and tech solutions.
Can't wait to see your bike!

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Go to the upper right corner Search box under the red bike and search for anything you wish to know.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the quick replies everyone
I havent had a chance to update my profile yet but I wanted to mention that I live in Severn, Maryland, if you are in the are please let me know. On the ape hangers front, I see that the cables will be a challenge, so I am going to keep investigating until I find the right parts. If you or anyone you now has done this to your bike let me know, I would love to hear your experience. The good thing is that despite what the guy at the local bike shop told me, people actually do mod metric cruisers.

Looking forward to any input

Cap

·
Super Moderator
64,046 Posts
There aren't any other choices for things anymore. Since the bike has been out of production for almost 10 years now, the aftermarket parts supply is drying up rapidly. Way back when we had 2 choices for brake lines Russel and Speigler. Not sure if Russel still makes the kit or not. Either way, yeah the kits are expensive and will be the most expensive part of this process mainly because of Honda's "Linked Braking System" or LBS. The LBS has the rear brake pedal actuating the rear caliper and the center piston of the front calipers. The front brake lever actuates the out pistons of the front calipers. Honda's version of Anti-lock brakes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts