Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone
greetings from Wichita. It's too stinking hot and humid here to ride. Since I've been here mid June it's probable averaged 95 with 50% or more humidity so it's brutal trying to ride. Quick question, I developed a slow fork seal leak over the winter and bought one of those cheap Seal Mate tools to clean around the seal to remove dirt. The leak is gone. Is there an easy way to add more fork oil. Every video I've seen shows removing the fork tube which I don't want to do.

thanks, Bryan.

·
Registered
8,739 Posts
Unless it pissed out a lot of oil, I wouldnt bother adding any :) Sorry to hear about the weather! It is beautiful up here in MN right now :p :lol:

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
I just had same issue. New fork seals and oil are a must. This site & bareass has how to. Parts are less than $50.00 The labor will get you. Hope to have a friend who has done many assist me with this. Always something.. The heat/humidity in MS. has been terrible. I generally ride in the am. Going to Sturgis South Aug 14,and would like bike in good shape. Seems something always craps out before a planned ride.
Best wishes.

http://msrally.com/noflash/index.php

·
Registered
8,739 Posts
If you are going as far as to replace the seals, do the bushings also. Dont ask me how I know...

·
Registered
173 Posts
It has been humid here, but I rather ride in the heat then be working in it. The mornings and evenings r best. Wait tell winter ,the temps and wind can be brutal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts