Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Fellow X'ers from the great Northwest Arkansas region. Ive been lurking on the board for a few months now but with winter almost here I figured I'd get the intro thread out of the way. This way I can bombard ya'll with tons of questions without feeling bad for not properly introducing myself.

I picked up a zero mileage 06 "S" model from Russellville Honda back in July. They were by far better than any dealer I have found in the Northwest Arkansas area. Saved myself several grand for the small drive. With the money I saved, I turned around and had them throw some extra parts in the trailer as well like a windshield, mustang seat, crash bar with some highway pegs, sissy bar and a V&H bigshot exhaust.

Anyone in the NWA area insterested in riding let me know. I'm game as long as the temp is above 40*. :grin:

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
Welcome aboard. I almost bought from Russellville, but ended up getting Bentonville Honda to match the pricing offered in Russellville. I got a 07 1300C in Dark Pearl Blue last May.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I did the same thing in July. I bought an '08 Wing from Russellville Honda, and saved enough for Kury cruise pegs, 2 set of J & M headsets, and fog lights. Bentonville Honda came the closest on price, and Heartland was ridiculous. Already have over 8500 miles on her!

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Same here! I bought Ebay from Russleville and saved enuff to get the seat, boards, pegs, windshield. RE: Heartland- they served ribs for the BBBQ. So next yr, I'm dropping in there for lunch.

Speaking of which, maybe we should get together at AQ Chicken for lunch some saturday. How does March 32nd sound? Should be a little warmer by then.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Arkansas

Nice to see some fellow Arkansans on here. I am in the Fort Smith area and also got my bike at Russellville. I love it!. can't wait for the warmer weather so I can do more riding..

·
Registered
100 Posts
Sounds good to me! I haven't been to AQ in quite a while. Might just have to ride to Eureka or such to work off the meal.

·
Registered
3 Posts
NWA also

Also in NWA, bought a 2007 in 2008. Fairly good deal for a local dealer, but you never know - I guess you do.

Any local rides planned for 2009?

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Welcome aboard. I almost bought from Russellville, but ended up getting Bentonville Honda to match the pricing offered in Bentonville. I got a 07 1300C in Dark Pearl Blue last May.

That's nice when they match their own price :firstplace::firstplace:

sorry I couldn't resist.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Like I said anytime anyone wants to meet up for some riding I'd be interested. AQ chicken sounds good to me too. :thumbup:

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'll be in Russellville this weekend, how about next Saturday weather permitting?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Psalmist wanted to meet when it gets warmer. March 32nd.? is that just before April Fool's Day?

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
yeah sure tusk. I was just pokin fun at our cold/hot weather. It's been an amazing "winter". A friend and I just rode to Tulsa friday night and came back saturday. Coming home was so warm!! Incredible riding season. So anytime in Mar/Apr should be warm enuff for a good turnout.

BTW Tusk, we have alot of parts in common. you have good taste ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
yeah sure tusk. I was just pokin fun at our cold/hot weather. It's been an amazing "winter". A friend and I just rode to Tulsa friday night and came back saturday. Coming home was so warm!! Incredible riding season. So anytime in Mar/Apr should be warm enuff for a good turnout.

BTW Tusk, we have alot of parts in common. you have good taste ;)

Psalmist, we do have good taste... I need to update my profile as I now have a Mustang seat, too

·
Registered
13 Posts
It is suppose to be 36 degrees saturday are we still meeting up? If you are willing to ride so am I. What time do we want to meet up?

Today was a beautiful day to ride. Woo hoo needed some wind therapy. :)

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
That's a bit cold for this kid. I did a long distance to Tulsa last weekend and it was pretty cold. I do want to connect with y'all. Hopefully we'll have some warm weekends soon.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts