Honda VTX Forum banner

1681 - 1691 of 1691 Posts

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Anyone out there feeling generous? Friends?

:beer3: :beer2:

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
A Gremlin Bell, given from one biker to another, is symbolic of the brotherhood and friendship between bikers. They are more of a tradition that a superstition, meant to capture "road gremlins" that could be out to damage the bike or ruin your ride. The gremlins get sucked into the bell where they're trapped and driven insane by the constant ringing of the bell. The gremlins finally drop to the ground, forming potholes. So goes the superstitious part.

While one can buy a bell, the power of the protection against road gremlins is more powerful when the bell is given by another biker out of friendship.

Here's a decent full story behind the legend, but again - more of a tradition than a superstition...
http://www.milehigh-harley.com/Harley-Blog/2014/01/story-ride-bells/

·
Registered
6,952 Posts
You 2 could send each other one.

Reactions: nate6966

·
Registered
302 Posts
I for one believe in this tradition. I have had up to 3 Gremlin Bells on my bike at the same time. You can never be too careful.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
You need a bell?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Lea785 has offered one for me! It'll be neat to get one on my bike finally.
Thank you very much for checking!

Sent from my... wait - No free advertising here!

·
Registered
2,666 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Good lord! Way to take something kinda cool and tie a pink bow on it then dowse it with estrogen!
Engraved wood boxes??? Frilly little gift sets???
I know it's not your doing or your company, but Sheesh. Business will do anything to try and make another 1/10% of profit.
Yep, I agree. I thought it was a bit over the top also. and pricey also.

1681 - 1691 of 1691 Posts