Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had been having symptoms of a bad ground, i.e. engine cutting out, light flickering, engine dying at idle, FI light coming on and staying on for several seconds, etc.

So I set out to do the ground fix using Bare's instructions and pics. The instructions discuss a secondary ground with pics showing its location under where the seat and tank meet and in front of the battery next to a cast manifold.

On my bike, that ground is non-existent. I was wondering if anyone knows if they moved the secondary ground to another location? I did look to see if any other cables connected to the battery's ground post other than the primary ground, but found none. I'm just seeking confirmation of what I didn't find.

By the way, the ground fix cured all of my problems and the bike is running fine again.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I had the same question when I went to do the grounds on my Neo.

There isn't a secondary location on the newer bikes. Just make sure the battery terminals are clean and tight.

BTW: Nice X...:thumbup:

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had the same question when I went to do the grounds on my Neo.

There isn't a secondary location on the newer bikes. Just make sure the battery terminals are clean and tight.

BTW: Nice X...:thumbup:
Thanks for your reponse and confirmation that just couldn't see it. :shock:

And thanks for the compliment. I often stop and look at yours as well. Very nice. Love the color. :congrats:

·
Registered
735 Posts
I couldn't find any behind the tank either. I removed fuel tank on the "N" and found a common ground on the bikes left side backbone just in front of the radiator cap :shock:. I also removed the coils and cleaned the straps. I hope this was the second ground point you were looking for. The main one on the side of the engine/tranny case was fixed by Honda on the "N" :D . Probably the same on all models:dontknow:

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I couldn't find any behind the tank either. I removed fuel tank on the "N" and found a common ground on the bikes left side backbone just in front of the radiator cap :shock:. I also removed the coils and cleaned the straps. I hope this was the second ground point you were looking for. The main one on the side of the engine/tranny case was fixed by Honda on the "N" :D . Probably the same on all models:dontknow:
No actually I was referring to the Secondary ground noted in the instructions written by Tapper and found on this forum in the How-to-Step-by-Step section. If you go there, you will see the description of the location as well as pictures.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts