Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading the ground fix info on this site, checked my bike to see if it had been done. Main cable had, secondary hadn’t. Cleaned and dielectric greased main cable lugs, contact points, hardware, etc… After looking at secondary for a bit, knowing it was going to be a bear getting access to remove the paint, I opted to do the following with an explanation of why I did. After removing paint, I relocated the secondary lug to the frame tab with thru hole, that’s used to secure the right side of the battery box bracket. Applied dielectric grease, secured it and done, just that quick. A very solid electrical connection directly to the frame. It’s within 2 “of the neg battery post and has easy access. Compare this to old location on a painted bracket to another bracket…or thru bracket to proportioning valve to brake line to where? Are they kidding? Am I off base here in thinking I’ve done better than the original setup? Does anyone think this may unleash the electrical gremlins? All input is welcome. Thanks guys!
'02 1800 C

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I'm no expert, but sounds like a plan. If your worried about gremlins, run a second wire to the original position, leaving your new one in place, then your covered.

·
Registered
16,084 Posts
You'll be fine, I run lots of grounds to those points on both sides of the battery box :thumbup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts