Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Old Goat
25,002 Posts
Back in the day we had a exchange going on here....the definition seems to vary...but I do believe it works best if given....I even have one on my civic....thinking about getting my dog one...lol...

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
I was given one years ago ... its on the bike..
as a reminder of all my fellow riders that has fallen. ( biker Friends ) a long list over 51 years.
I also have a brass token with my mothers name attached to the bike, R.I.P Mom.

·
Super Moderator
63,681 Posts
It has nothing to do with the make of the bike. It keeps the road gremlins from biting you, keeping YOU off the pavement ;)

I've always heard that they must be given to you as a gift to work best(not be installed by the gifter ) They should be placed down low nearest to the pavement for best results as well.

·
Registered
11,548 Posts
My first one may have been grabbed by a gremlin(speed bump).
I did not have in in 2011.
Next one given to me in 2014 is in the bathroom vanity top right drawer.

·
Registered
6,931 Posts
It's to be given, not necessarily installed, by the giver.

Reactions: VTXArizona

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm not much on superstition. Do any of you who put an ounce of faith in the bell practice ATGATT? Full face helmet, leather, gloves, boots etc?

Those that consider it a memorial/reminder please disregard.

Not trying to be a Richard, just asking and spurring the conversation.

·
Old Goat
25,002 Posts
I'm not much on superstition. Do any of you who put an ounce of faith in the bell practice ATGATT? Full face helmet, leather, gloves, boots etc?

Those that consider it a memorial/reminder please disregard.

Not trying to be a Richard, just asking and spurring the conversation.
I’m not superstitious, but for anything that might give cause for peace o mind....And a more harmonious ride/life....

Now Karma, that’s another story...all together :D

·
Registered
6,931 Posts
The bell is no more effective than a rabbits foot, lucky charm, horseshoe open end up, Amish hex sign, crossing your fingers or heart, etc. See where I was going? Oh I left out masks for the Cuomovirus. The least effective of the previous list I just posted.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Don't have one on my bike but wonder if you can hear the thing rattling and ringing while out riding? If so, that would annoy me.

·
Old Goat
25,002 Posts
Don't have one on my bike but wonder if you can hear the thing rattling and ringing while out riding? If so, that would annoy me.
No u cant hear it...but u should be wearing ear plugs any how...”can u hear me now”

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
No u cant hear it...but u should be wearing ear plugs any how...”can u hear me now”
I have stock exhaust and use a full-face helmet on the highway so i dont use any ear plugs.

Maybe with stock exhaust you could hear it rattling around...

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
I have stock exhaust and use a full-face helmet on the highway so i dont use any ear plugs.

NO, you can not hear it...

Yes, I have Stock Exhaust..

·
Registered
6,931 Posts

No you can't.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts