1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Wow. Just WOW! And here I've thought for a number of years now that the worst thing that could happen in the Villages was catching an STD!

Reactions: Harkon and Blast

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
I know it was kinda of a subtle and an intellectual stretch from some, but it was a BLM demonstration where two white guys was re-enacting George Floyds murder in front an American Flag and Trump sign. Even his Corrections Worker Union couldn't tolerate it and are in the process of expelling him. You gotta admit, if it was so obvious to the union that they took action to expell, not protect, it had to be pretty egregious.

As my calculus professor used to say: "it is intuitively obvious, to the most casual observer, that ........" Sorry you couldn't see it.

With regard to the Retweet, you forgot to mention the part where an apparent Trump supporter shouts "White Power". And yes, there were folks who took issue with it. As do I.

It will probably come out tomorrow that Trump was just joking! That horse still has a lap or two left in it.

Edit: oh, now his staff has a new excuse. Trump didn't hear "White power" Out of all the tweets in the world, what was his process for deciding to repost this particular tweet? Does he just randomly retweet without looking and listening to what he is retweeting and hope for the best. Or is it a more thoughtful process?

Why does our president have an entire staff have to run around and explain what he is trying to say anyway? Can't he speak for himself unaided?

·
Premium Member
6,541 Posts
I'd think with all of the rioting and looting and shooting, you'd have fatter fish to fry than some open theater, as tasteless as it is.

That's your priority, to condemn imagery when people are literally losing their lives? Seriously?

·
Registered
28,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know it was kinda of a subtle and an intellectual stretch from some, but it was a BLM demonstration where two white guys was re-enacting George Floyds murder in front an American Flag and Trump sign. Even his Corrections Worker Union couldn't tolerate it and are in the process of expelling him. You gotta admit, if it was so obvious to the union that they took action to expell, not protect, it had to be pretty egregious.

As my calculus professor used to say: "it is intuitively obvious, to the most casual observer, that ........" Sorry you couldn't see it.

With regard to the Retweet, you forgot to mention the part where an apparent Trump supporter shouts "White Power". And yes, there were folks who took issue with it. As do I.

It will probably come out tomorrow that Trump was just joking! That horse still has a lap or two left in it.
So, I'll ask again, what does your post have to do with how many White ppl vs Black ppl are members of BLM?

Insofar as a Trump supporter saying "White Power", so what?

Seems I recall back in the 60s, there was plenty of cries of "Black Power" along with a clenched fist.

1 person out of the entire bunch?
And you know if there were others, they'd be featured prominently.

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
I'd think with all of the rioting and looting and shooting, you'd have fatter fish to fry than some open theater, as tasteless as it is.

That's your priority, to condemn imagery when people are literally losing their lives? Seriously?
My thought is much of the imagery is inflammatory and impeds a process of healing. If we could just put the imagery down we could probably have much more productive discussions with movement towards a solution.

·
Registered
28,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My thought is much of the imagery is inflammatory and impeds a process of healing. If we could just put the imagery down we could probably have much more productive discussions with movement towards a solution.
We've had ''Discussions'', which turned out to be Blacks lecturing Whites.

·
Premium Member
6,541 Posts
Agreed. How about we also put down the molotov cocktails, the clubs and bats, the guns. Would the inflammatory imagery even exist, if the actions described above were not so inflammatory in it's own right? None of this is at all productive toward reaching a solution. To call out a single inflammatory event in light of everything that has happened in the past few weeks belies any quest for productive discussion, or any movement to a solution.

If you think that some, in very poor taste theater, is inflammatory, how about you lose your entire livelihood to rioting and looting. Some of these people have no light at all moving forward. They were "all in" on their gamble for a future ... that was ended by ... an inflamed group of people without any axe to grind with those people they destroyed. As inflammatory as it was, and in very poor taste, it pales in comparison.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts