Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone guess what's happening to this VTX headlight? Lol

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
609 Posts
Moisture inside the headlight glass. Set a oven around 100 F. Let it set inside a oven until the moisture clears.

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
old school.... 1970's.
early bulb inside lens design.
common problem. back then.

ladies hand held hair drier also works.
I still have one in my tool box... mostly for heat shrink tubing.

I am completely BALD.. so no need to go there :)

·
Registered
714 Posts
Separating the light housing to install an HID projector? If so, awesome. I went cheaper doing the Daymaker + Adjustable www.vtxdaymaker.com bracket. I love it, but do miss having a proper projector HID setup like what I have on my audi and added to my ram truck.

With my Daymaker headlight, and 2 driving lights, I don’t really need HIDs but a proper project HID does put out better light than LED daymakers.

·
Registered
6,173 Posts
Somebody's making sure the toxins in the headlight gets in their food, then their liver, then years later they get cancer and wonder what might have cause it. (y)

·
Premium Member
6,632 Posts
Somebody's making sure the toxins in the headlight gets in their food, then their liver, then years later they get cancer and wonder what might have cause it. (y)
As always ... a ray of sunshine.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Someone's creation certain the poisons in the front lamp get in their nourishment, at that point their liver, at that point years after the fact they get malignancy and miracle what may have caused it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Lmao!!
Thank you everyone for a good chuckles!

Sorry for the long wait!

·
Premium Member
6,632 Posts
Looks good drperry. Was the heat so that you could separate the lens from the shell? What projector did you use? This is a great idea for anyone that wants to upgrade to LED.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I did this to my cars headlights “Retrofit”. I used Morimoto bixenon projectors with 5000K HID’s. Very cool look dude👍🏻 I imagine you can see down the road much better now

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Looks good drperry. Was the heat so that you could separate the lens from the shell? What projector did you use? This is a great idea for anyone that wants to upgrade to LED.
Thanks!

Yes, it softens the butyl glue so you can pull it apart.

The projector is the Mini D2S 5.0... I got the TRS full kit. Unfortunately the shroud doesn't really fit.

I did this to my cars headlights “Retrofit”. I used Morimoto bixenon projectors with 5000K HID’s. Very cool look dude I imagine you can see down the road much better now
Thanks!
My last retrofit was S2000 projectors into my old Blazer.... It was way easier

Honda needs to properly make wiring blocks under the tank, instead of stuffing it all into the headlight

·
Registered
799 Posts
First up, kudos to your wife for such a clean oven. I am suspicious by nature, it looks like nothing has ever been cooked in there. If that is the case get a leg of lamb and some vegies in there today. Secondly, Hop, you and Donnie need to hook up. Thirdly, I am not familiar with what you are putting in your headlight but worry that you may be one of those aholes who think blinding everyone coming towards them is their right. Please, don't be one of them.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts