Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I’m sure this is somewhere lost deep in a thread somewhere but I can’t find it. I’m trying to install H-D switches on my 07 1800F. I can match the wiring up for the most part but I’m trying to figure out the turn signals. I want to keep the light on the dash functional and I want to gain 4-way hazard lights. Any help would be amazing

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
HA you took my advice and came over from FB!

I can help you with the turn signals, I made a plug and play LED relay connector for my F to get rid of the electronic one so I could use Harley 3-wire 1157 Tracer Lights on it.

I can make that for you, it retains the dash lights, you will have to wire the front (and/or rear) running lights from a different source, I used the tail light wiring in the rear and "Y" split it, and ran the fronts off a new fused line I ran from a secondary fuse box installed, but you should be able to run them off the fog light connector in the head light bucket as well.

the Harley switches have a left and right "button" but it is no different than the Honda switch which has a left and right on the same button. you have to find the wire that hots the turn, then tie it into the relay power line so that when either is activated it hots the load on the relay for the correct side.

as for the 4-ways, I am working on that, it will require a secondary switch but should easily tie into my replacement relay harness. basically you have to activate both the left and right sides together forcing the relay to hot all 6 (front/rear/dash) at the same time. I have it working on a bench, just haven't figured out how I want to tie it into the bike yet. I have a show chrome dual switch mount on my F so I will probably use one of the switches on that.

here is the harness/connector I made for my "F". I can make for you and not heat shrink it so you can figure out the wiring and then heat shrink when you have it figured.

Composite material Wood Tints and shades Rectangle Metal

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Could you send a wiring diagram of what you built? I would love to build it myself.
here is the connector, relay, and diagram

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09V48KQP4?ref_=cm_sw_r_ud_dp_YTDJ20NBWHXWEFVDNQZJ

Product Font Rectangle Parallel Circle

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Based on that diagram you should just be able to hit both signals and they will both flash together
not sure with the HD setup, haven't tested it, but I believe that hitting one cancels the other, you have to have a secondary switch wired that over-rides that process.

·
Super Moderator
64,657 Posts
You will have to add a turn signal cancelling unit to the wiring. It's been so long since I did mine but I remember having to run a second wire up the right side of the bars to the right turn signal and the unit to control and cancel it all

·
Super Moderator
64,657 Posts
Here's some of my old posts;

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
thanks Spike, I told Sean you had done this and would chime in, helps me as well as I am looking to swap mine in the near future.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Our turn signal switch is the world-wide standard mechanical switch that stays on until you cancel it.
HD does not utilize switches but momentary push-buttons instead. Which means you need some kind of a controller to translate the button pushing into sustained turn signal function. What am I missing here?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts