Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With morning commute temps down in the 40's (even hit 38F once this past week), I've had to get out the liner for my jacket and my thicker gloves.
This time of year poses that awkward balance of cold in the morning and warm in the afternoon (high 60's or 70's). I'm happy I've picked up this little tool bag this past summer! It gives me an easy place to carry the other gloves. I don't have to choose between cold hands and sweaty hands!

Colors in the trees and shrubs are just starting to change. Should make for some beautiful rides coming up!

What kind of riding weather are you guys having?

·
Registered
502 Posts
Currently (13:38 EST) it's 90°F with 63% humidity. Thank goodness Fall arrived yesterday.

I have a 15 year old Gerbing electric vest and my favorite thing about it is I can add a lot of warmth when the sun is down and yet still not have a lot of extra bulk when the day heats up.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Currently (13:38 EST) it's 90°F with 63% humidity. Thank goodness Fall arrived yesterday.

I have a 15 year old Gerbing electric vest and my favorite thing about it is I can add a lot of warmth when the sun is down and yet still not have a lot of extra bulk when the day heats up.
Not gonna lie... I'm jealous of southerners in the late fall, winter, and early spring. But then I remember the summers as a kid in Florida and also my years in Houston.

Sent from my... wait - No free advertising here!

·
Registered
502 Posts
The difference (for me) is that when I lived in Ohio the best riding was the summer which also has the most daylight. In Florida, my best weather has the shortest days and longest nights.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts

Same here in Daytona Beach, but you fell a little fall in the air. Come mid October it should be nicer and cooler. Better riding conditions.:smile2:

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Don't like the cold cold, but the summer here has had heat index of 100 degree's to 110. And it's hot riding. The winter in the day time is ideal.>:)

·
Registered
449 Posts
Do we have seasons down here? I swear its like spring and summer. When its hot you sweat through everything you have on, and then, your sweat itself sweats. I think its still high 70s in the morning and then 90s during the day.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Nate6966, I started looking for my cold weather gear. Not sure I'd recognize it. Might need it later next week. We should see maybe as low as 79 in the daytime in a few days in Dallas, Texas. :surprise:

I have been laid up with a broken leg but feel I have missed nothing in the way of riding down here. The temps have been high and the humidity has made them even worse. It has been about like Houston.

X mother in law lived in Spokane area. Her husband's family had many acres of wheat south of Spokane. I really liked it up there. I could have moved there. She was OK but her daughter (X wife) >:)

It reminded me of the wheat country in Oklahoma and Texas but with hills, real seasons (not ice then mostly heat) and even trees.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Changing shirts

If I go out to do one thing I need a clean shirt and/or a shower. The humidity is what gets me.

Do we have seasons down here? I swear its like spring and summer. When its hot you sweat through everything you have on, and then, your sweat itself sweats. I think its still high 70s in the morning and then 90s during the day.

·
Registered
474 Posts
85'f here in S Mizzoo today, same forecast tomorrow, rain Sunday, then daytime temps of mid 70's next week!!!

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeha!

(I was saying to the missus, 4 real 3month seasons would suit me better than a 3 month Winter with days in the 60's, 2 month spring & autumn, & an endless HOT 5 month Summer that is no fun at all!!!)

·
Registered
5,825 Posts
We went from 90's and 100's with humidity for 100 straight days to low 70's highs and low 60's nights overnight; pretty much perfect riding weather and I'll be breaking out the leather jacket for a ride after church tomorrow

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Perfect year round. So Calif Rocks for riding...
Gets a bit hot in summer (100+).
Gets a little cold in winter when a storm comes through (20/30 daytime) otherwise 50's in daytime. (nighttime temps can fall into teens and 20's).
Spring and Fall are beautiful 60's/70's/80's and sunny.
I ride year round, but do pick my days often.... :)

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
We went from 90's and 100's with humidity for 100 straight days to low 70's highs and low 60's nights overnight; pretty much perfect riding weather and I'll be breaking out the leather jacket for a ride after church tomorrow
Wow! Those temps are not what I'd expect up your way. Is that usual weather for you?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts