Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question on backrests and mounting kits. I see you have 2 mounting kits listed as Honda accessories.

I have mounted a set of Kury LED bullets in the third hole on the shock strut. I filled in the original holes... looks great but now I need a passenger backrest and I need to stay away from the rear hole now.

I posted the question and received this link/pics:

http://home.bellsouth.net/p/s/community ... thumbs&ck=

I don't mind doing some trim work to get a mounting bracket to fit... which do you suggest?

Thank you... Ron

·
Registered
8,588 Posts

These are on our bike, there is no rear bolt on on these. I found the info on this site, you have to go to "build your honda" link to get to the accessories. Ours is a 04 1800 Retro Spec 2...http://powersports.honda.com/motorcycle ... =VTX1800C4

Deluxe Chrome Backrest/Rear Carrier Mount Brackets 08F75-MCV-150 $131.95 These high-quality chrome mounting brackets look great and install in minutes. For use with the Deluxe Chrome Rear Carrier (Part number 08L42-MEM-100) and Deluxe Chrome Backrest with Pad (Part number 08F75-MEM-100B).
This accessory cannot be installed with
the following:

Chrome Backrest with Pad (Tall, Neo Retro Style)

Chrome Backrest with Pad (Low, Neo Retro Style)

Backrest/Rear Carrier Brackets (Neo Retro Style)

Chrome Backrest Trim (Tall, Neo Retro Style)

Chrome Backrest Trim (Low, Neo Retro Style)

Chrome Rear Carrier (Neo Retro Style)

Chrome Backrest w/Pad (Tall, Studded Traditional)

Chrome Backrest w/Pad (Low, Studded Traditional)

Chrome Backrest w/Pad (Tall, Plain Traditional)

Chrome Backrest w/Pad (Low, Plain Traditional)

Backrest/Rear Carrier Brackets (Traditional Style)

Chrome Rear Carrier (Traditional Style)

Chrome Backrest Trim (Tall, Traditional)

Chrome Backrest Trim (Low, Traditional)

It's supposed to go with this backrest

But our backrest is this one! The dealer put it on as part of our $1,000 in accesories deal because I wanted the tallest one they had for our VTX. On the Honda site it says this won't fit with the deluxe brackets that we have in the pic above! HDL has this backrest but I didn't see these deluxe brackets

Chrome Backrest w/Pad (Tall, Plain Traditional) 08F75-MCV-110 $163.95

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
He's got the bike today so can't take a pic yet to show you how it looks on our bike. Every pic I do have has the saddlebags covering it. But I remembered this because we put a Hitch Doc hitch on last week and I saw that there was no place to put the furthest back bolt into the sissy bar brackets.

This shows you the backrest that is on the deluxe brackets

1 - 3 of 3 Posts