Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took 1800 rs to dealer for stae insp. and kickstand recall They do both gring bike home kicstand has very little resistance down or up. park bike on carport for 3 days bars turnedto the left. come out 3 days later turn bars to straightn them and bike falls no exspecting this bike falls against uprite to car port dents tank Now I look at kick stand and the big spring at bottom has been stretched or straightened and barely hooks kick stand take bike back to dealer servce manager off so service writer comes out and looks at the bike and agrees the springlooks like it was straightend out to get bake on so he takes pics of the spring and the dent to give service manager and Im supposed to call so what do you think my chances are of the dealer fixing kickstand correctly and replacing or repairing my tank? sorry so long but everyones oppinion is appreciated thanks guys Bullett

·
Registered
836 Posts
If they don't make it right Bullett you have every right to give em holy hell in my humble opinion. I really don't see how they could even argue their responsibility in the matter.

H

·
0 Posts
Tell the dealer why you aren't happy. Ask him how he plans to solve the problem. If you don't like his answers then call the Honda number in your owners manual as that was a safety recall.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Seems to me the dealer would have the proper tool. I put a center stand on my 919 last year and those springs are tough to stretch. Along with a new vocabulary I finally came up with simple way to stretch and align it with a piece of rope.

The service department botched the recall repair and should replace both without a hassle.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thankyou all for your opinion I just wnt my bike fixed and done right thank you again Bullett

·
Registered
264 Posts
Bullett! While youre in there have them give you a 05' tank, the seamless looks ssooooooooo much better!

·
Mad Hatter
21,317 Posts
Bullett, Let Us Know what Happens, OK!!!!

·
Registered
428 Posts
I just had my kickstand replaced yesterday due to chrome peeling...

you don't have to go crazy about the springs!!!

1-take off bolt cover and remove 14mm nut
2-from under kickstand remove 8mm nut holding kickstand switch on
3-remove 14mm bolt out of kickstand from underneath and slide it off of the mount and the springs should disconnect on their own
4-put the springs on the hook on the new stand...slide it onto the bracket with springs attached and place 14mm bolt back in to hold it...reverse 1-3 to complete

very easy job...1 of the dealer mechs and I did it in about 5mins

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dealer was a Dealer today...................................

After some lenghty conversation with everyone remaining cool and dignified we came to the conclusion that the bike rolling off the kick stand was due to neglegence on the part of the mech who done the work.SO I GET A NEW TANK BADDA BINGBING BING thanks Hal the way you told me to handle this was basicly to remain calm and respectful regardless what the dealers answer was all wokerd out fine as for the late model tank with no seam? that really is not up to me dont even know if they can get it in Ill. Blue But thanks to everyone for thier input just goes to show you what a great brotherhood we all have C-ya Bullett

·
Mad Hatter
21,317 Posts
Alright!!! That is Great News!! Good For U!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts