Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hal, Are you going to offer supreme legends part number L-18-101 which is the H-D type of clevis and Kuryakyn adapter # 8008a so people can put their Kuryakyn pegs on these forward controls :?:

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just the note from them today. I will add it to our website as soon as I get all of the info needed.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Richard told me as well, we have been hashing this out to what will work to do this, so all of the people that want these forward controls will have more choice in the peg department! Richard gets an A+ for customer relations.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Just a note to add to this disscussion. I got a set in last week. They look great and the quality is a-one. However be warned that Legends does not supply any instructions and officially reccomends a mechanic installs these. I first heard this from HDL when I asked if the instructions had been left out. Knowing my own limits to my ability I felt assured that I could change out these controls. Once I opened the package and started to hook up the left side I immediatlly found that the supplied bolts were too long for the bike. Thinking that I just screwed up some how I rechecked all the hardware, (there isn't alot involved in this side) to make sure I didn't goof. All the short bolts were the same length as were the spacers. There was about 1/4 inch too much bolt left over and I knew something was wrong.
While pondering this delimia I then attempted to hook up the shift rod adapter out of curiosity. Once I had it screwed on the rod and started to line it up with the shift lever I thought I was trying to solve one of those metal bar puzzles. There was no way this would work around the engine. I then took a quick look at the right side hardware and noticed that there were some parts that didn't look right knowing how the VTX's rear brake resivoiur set up was. I figured I must have been sent an install kit for a different bike.
Here's were I contacted Richard at Legends. He was very attentive and interested in my problem. He repeated the company mantra about using a mechanic to install them, but then went and gave me a contact in another department to call and get help. He gave me his voicemail and email address. Here is the reply along with my email. I sent it late in the day on the 5th, and got this answer next day. I been so pressed for time this last week I haven't checked in with them yet, but plan too tomorrw and will post the results.

George,

I am assuming from your problems that you have a VTX 1800 C. I have just become aware of some problems or differences with this model. I am taking steps to correct these right now and should have it taken care of very soon. Please feel free to call me anytime.

Robert Edwards

Director of new product development

[email protected]

949-795-3810

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Tuesday, April 05, 2005 4:37 PM
To: Robert Edwards
Subject: Questions on VTX 1800C Forwards

Hello. I spoke with Richard eariler today and he told me to contact you about some questions I have on your forwards. I ordered a set from Direct Line. Their part number is SPL-LV001C. I opened up and was immediatly impressed with the quality and workmanship. I noticed that there were no instructions with them, but that wasn't a problem. The problem came up when I was test fitting the left side. The bolts were too long and left about 1/4 inch. I mesuared the bolts and they were 3- 3 1/8 (not counting the hex head) and the 1- 5 1/8. The spacers were 4 - 1 1/2 . Also the bent rod for the shift rod is 4 inches long, and dosen't appear to work around the engine and meet up with the control.

My thought is I may have the wrong install kit for the controls. With no parts list or directions, it's hard to see if that is the case. If you could help I'd appreciate it. Email or call me. Thanks for your time and attention.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:shock: :shock: :shock: Thank you for taking the time to post this! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have talked to Supreme. I am waiting on a return call with the definitive way they are resolving it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts