Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You had the Rivco solo luggage rack on back order 2 weeks. Why don't you do what Cruiser Customizing does and have the manufacture send it direct. They didn't have it in stock either but still got it to me in a few day's for the same price you charge.
You snooze you lose :lol:

VTXED Steve

You must lose alot of sales this way, and you don't have to :oops:

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
We just ordered an item from HDL few weeks ago...why? Because the manufacture was backordered for 6 weeks. HDL had one in stock when we called... It goes both ways, not just Hal! :roll:

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
It's not because they don't stock the parts. Find any dealer that stocks as much as HDL. If something has been ordered from Rivco and it hasn't came in then why would they think it was in stock and could be direct shipped if they haven't recieved their order? An order is an order, they should have filled HDL's order first and then whoever is next on the list. :roll:

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I called a HDL to see if they had the mustang wide vintage in stock for my neo and the lady told me no but we can get you one in a couple of weeks. So I found another place that said they didnt have it in stock but they could get it from mustang by tuesday (this is monday by the way). I recieved the seat thursday. I was very pleased with the service and also the price of 375.10. This is why I dont just set my eyes on one dealer. I always go to whoever can get it to me the quickest.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Every1 wants it yesterday @ last years price.
B4 any1 gets lace inawad I'm speakin' in general, me included.

Ya kan't always get what ya want.................

G

·
We always try to get better and I will bring these two instances to the attention of our people that need to know we didn't make you happy.

We have more inventory than anybody but we don't always bat 1000%.

·
Registered
196 Posts
What really pisses me off about HDL is that when you place your order they don't tell you if they have it or not, so you are waiting for a part that may never come without any contact from them, Also if you cancel your order you may still get it months down the road, call 'em and get "Sorry we have no record of you canceling your order Sir"

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
I'd like 'em 2 send me a 3 tiered white frosting cake on my B-day as well but I don't see it happening.
I like Hal's low price match & builders discount.
Don't see that combo floatin' 'round @ other spots.
If ya know of some1 else that supplies the same goodies along w/those perks then I reckon I'm all ears.....................

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Drako1 said:
What really pisses me off about HDL is that when you place your order they don't tell you if they have it or not, so you are waiting for a part that may never come without any contact from them, Also if you cancel your order you may still get it months down the road, call 'em and get "Sorry we have no record of you canceling your order Sir"

Why not just call and see if its in stock? If it is ,order it ,if it isnt dont order it. I always get order confirmations and shipping notifications from HDL when I order online which is about 95% of the time. And when I do call with a question I always get a human being or Hal :lol: and never thrown into there voicejail system. Why would they keep a record of you cancelling your order? They have there hands full of real customers who dont mind waiting for something and fulfilling in stock orders. Comments like this piss me off.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Drako1 said:
888-258-6699 It's a free call.
Hi. I just ordered a _______,do you have it in stock?

·
Registered
553 Posts
Well, I'm not one of those people that needs instant gratification at any cost and I ordered my Rivco Solo rack a couple weeks ago fro HDL and recieved it this Thursday. I'm just happy when I can afford the stuff I want, don't have to have it immediately.

Hal, the service I've gotten from HDL has always been top notch, keep up the good work.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I have to wonder about some of you people who complain about phone service. If you aren't getting the right answers, maybe you aren't friendly, or you're not asking the right questions. I'm not beating HDL's drum, but they are certainly better than average. I deal with other companies, once in awhile, too. Although, I do try to support our sponsor. Everytime I call HDL, I get someone very nice to talk to. I enjoy talking to people, so maybe it works both ways. They have always told me if the item is in stock, on backorder, and how long shipping will take. If for some reason someone doesn't, I always just ask them. I have also called several times about items on backorder, to get a status report. So many problems discussed on this board could be solved with a simple phone call.

·
Registered
272 Posts
When I first got my X last June, I went to HDLs website to make a list of everything I wanted. The list came to a little over $2500.

I then called HDL because I hate ordering over the internet. I need to hear a person on the other end of the line.

I read the first part number, "that's on backorder", uh, ok

I read the second part number, "that's on backorder", uh, ok

I read the third part number, "that's on backorder", uh, ok

After reading the fourth part number, and being told it was also on backorder, I hung up on them. I then called another performance parts store, and they had everything in stock. I had everything on my door, and on my bike, in about four days.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Eric, I have never ordered on line so maybe its different or I might have gotten the wrong person on the phone that day that I canceled my order, and they should have a record.When you place the order they should let you know if its in stock or not. As far as being a Real customer I think I would qualify with having spent well over $2000 with them alone. Should have worded my opening statement a little less harsh, must have a little wizz in my cheerios this morning. By the way nice bike.

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
I just had a very bad internet experience. I ordered a data cable for my phone from http://www.rpiwireless.com/store/home.php
If you look at the store it looks legit. I wanted my cable now so I called them to see if it was in stock first, that's what I always do if I really need or want it now.
They have a real fancy phone service but you can never get a real person on the line. I decided to go ahead and place my order online. I got a email saying that the order was received and the amount I was being billed. I thought cool.

Well 5 days goes by and still no cable. I try and call the company again and I get a fancy phone service again and it tells me to go to the website. Well the website was down all day so that didn't work. No problem I know stuff happens with websites. The next day I call again and get the same go to the website thing, okay I go there and it comes up and they have a "Speak to a live person online" deal. I do that and hit send and get a page can not be found. :evil: So then I email the support section of the site and wait for a response. I get nothing.

Now I'm getting upset here. I have no way to talk to or get a response back from these folks. I look at my card and they charged it the day I placed my order but nothing has shipped. So then I go looking these guys up on Google and find out they are a very bad company and this is what they do to everyone. :evil:

Wish I would have read this first.
http://www.howardforums.com/archive/topic/439702-1.html

I did call my card company and they have 48 hours to respond to me and then if they don't (and they haven't yet) I will get my refund.

I said all this to say that you guys should be happy that you can call during the weekday and talk to a real person and check on your order at HDL. You can even talk to the owner because he post his cell number right on this board! The access you have here is not the norm and like Hal says, they know they are not perfect but they are striving to be the best that they can be with what they have to work with. Go through what I just went through and it will make you thankful that HDL is very accessible if you just pick up the phone.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Drako1 said:
Eric, I have never ordered on line so maybe its different or I might have gotten the wrong person on the phone that day that I canceled my order, and they should have a record.When you place the order they should let you know if its in stock or not. As far as being a Real customer I think I would qualify with having spent well over $2000 with them alone. Should have worded my opening statement a little less harsh, must have a little wizz in my cheerios this morning. By the way nice bike.
I just think If your ordering over the phone you would ask the appropiate questions. Is it in stock? When will you get them? HDL is at the mercy of there suppliers as are we at the mercy of HDL. Believe me nobody wants something faster then ME. And Im willing to pay more for it if I can have it sooner. Right now my bike is in pieces Im waiting for a NOS kit from shnitz racing, Cycle House X covers from HDL my swingarm getting re-chromed by a local chromer, A P4 and bolt covers from HDL. I ordered lots of stuff from another vendor before I knew about HDL and got treated like $hit from there customer service personnel...flat out lied to about the availability of items,Id call back and get a different story from someone else. Scince then I buy only from HDL. Im still a little groggy from last nights cocktails myself. If I was pissed off with HDL's services or had a question on there ordering policies I would call Hal directly to discuss it and not post it in a public forum. Just my
Have a good day.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Well I buy from HDL because I have always got good service and when I have had an issue I have contacted Hal and he has made it right.

I know and trust them from past experience and that's good enough for me. If I want something and somebody else said they could get it quicker I'd go back to Hal and let him know cause if he don't know he can't fixit. :)

1 - 20 of 49 Posts