Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 VTX-1800 and it won't start.....there is some sort of electrical problem. For a while occassionally, the fuel pressure light would not go off and turning the ignition switch off and on would fix the problem....or cycling the kill switch off and on would do the trick too.

Then out of the blue, when I turned the ignition key on, I noticed that the oil pressure light, the green neutral light, and the fuel injection light did not come on. Upon checking I also discovered the the tail light was not on even though the headlight was. The signal lights work as does the starter and the horn.

I checked the fuses on the right side and they are visually O-K and the two fuses on the left side seem alright as well.

I have worked on older bikes for years and so am comfortable with the old technology, but this bike is much more complicated than anything I have ever owned. I need help! Any suggestions as to what might be causing this problem? Your ideas would be of real value to me.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Possible loose battery terminal connections...tighten with a wrench instead of a screwdriver..........possibly low battery condition.. try charging battery.................good luck....ESKIMO

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I believe you are going to find a fuse issue. Check all your fuses.

·
Registered
12,057 Posts
Check the 2P connector near the 30 amp fuses, a few have become defective this year.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I was one of those that had the 2P connector go bad this year. Easy fix, once I found it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts