Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a tire today, the last one that he had (165r15) so he cut me a deal, $35 out the door. Now what I'm looking for is any tips or little thing to look for as I take the wheel off. I got a stand so getting it up in the air is no problem, but this is the first time I've had the rear off .

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
Just wash the rim good with water from a hose and rag to get the old dried soap off from previous mounting. It will grab the soft rubber of the car tire and make it hard to mount.

Be sure to grease the axle and make sure splines on the drive are not dry.

Let us know how it comes out. What brand did you get? That's what I paid for mine but I didn't have change so I gave him $40. At that price who cares....hehehe

.................twin

·
Registered
341 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I guess I'll be all the way there by Tuesday. I cleaned for an hour last night to get ready for my first bike night in a little town 40 min down the road. Well got about half way there and the rear end started to feel a little to soft, pulled over and had a nail in the tire. Good thing I talked my wife into going in the cage, she had a mini pump in the trunk and it happen right next to a country store. So I go buy a plug kit, get the tire half full, and wouldn't you know it, hole in the side wall. About 5 trys later, plugged the sidewall and back on the road home. One good thing about it, when I got home did a good smokey burnout, that will make you grin everytime!
I let you know how it goes Tuesday.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts