Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the concept:

I have a good friend :D who is an avid motorcycle enthusiast :shock: who lives in Duluth, MN. He rides a BMW RT/1150. Distance from Duluth to Omaha is approximately 520 miles, depending on the roads. We schedule a weekend to do what we affectionately call a “Halfway Ride”. 8)

Jan travels from Duluth to the southwest; I travel from Omaha to the northeast. We decide on a place to meet on Friday evening / night (after work) that is approximately “halfway” between the two cities. :arrow: We camp on Friday night, then get up on Saturday, break camp, pack the bikes, and ride somewhere else (destination determination dynamic). :lol: We camp for Saturday night, then rise on Sunday morning, get breakfast somewhere, ride to a point :arrow: which is a logical separation point, shake hands, and each of us rides back to our respective cities of habitation.

It is all about riding, not really about destinations or sightseeing… however, I will tell you that southeast Minnesota and southwest Wisconsin are BEAUTIFUL places to ride a motorcycle. Lots of 2-laners, and this area is a national forest, which is also non-glaciated, so lots of ‘relief’ and rock outcroppings.

Here are our dates for this summer:
May 13, 14, 15
May 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 (this is all of Memorial Day weekend… we plan to ride/camp all weekend long 8) )
June 24, 25, 26
August 19, 20, 21

Anyone who wants to ride with me/us, you are welcome to do so. As I wrote, we camp in tents, but you are welcome to ride along and arrange your own sleeping arrangements (some guys don’t like camping).

If you plan to ride, just let me know sometime prior to departure so that we can hook up.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts