Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife has a new bike (VT750 Shadow) and needs some levers that place the handle a little closer to the handlebar. Anybody know of a company that makes levers for small-handed people? Appreciate any help.

Thank you.

RP

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I think from the same folk who bake those Keebler Cookies. I bought a new set that makes me reach fully out to make to shift myself.

awwwww I apologize! I'm used to picking on a short wife!!!

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL...Thanks a bunch. My wife is reading these replies. :wink:

I hope someone comes up with something. With all of the ladies that are getting bikes, surely there is some accomodation for them.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Pale Ryder said:
I think from the same folk who bake those Keebler Cookies. I bought a new set that makes me reach fully out to make to shift myself.
That's pretty funny!!!

·
Registered
983 Posts
RPJones said:
My wife has a new bike (VT750 Shadow) and needs some levers that place the handle a little closer to the handlebar. Anybody know of a company that makes levers for small-handed people? Appreciate any help.

Thank you.

RP
If ya find out lemme know, I'm a two finger shift and brake man myself. and yes I am a Leprechaun

·
Registered
654 Posts
I just installed these (credit to Bigg Daddy)

http://kuryakyn.com/products.asp?bn=honda&ci=3168

You can dial the levers in further than stock for better comfort. I had to grind them for about 5 minutes with my dremmel to make them fit, but they work perfectly now. I bought them for $40 at the local Honda shop. Not sure if they will work on other Honda's, but they do work on the X with slight grinding. (you can't see this when installed)

FYI - From the grip (ISO's) to the closest point on the lever measures 1.5 inches now with these adjustable levers in the closest position on the dial (#5). With the levers I had before it was about a 2" reach. That 1/2" has made a big difference with hand fatigue while riding through traffic. Also, the clutch engages quicker than before. They are wider than stock also and spring loaded so it is pretty easy to pull them with two fingers. Very nice upgrade from stock IMO.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will call Kuryakyn and see if those can be modded to fit a VT750. Neat levers.. Thanks to all.

·
Registered
983 Posts
andyinc said:

From the Kury quote saying that these levers retain the "stockers" ability to adjust, I checked the stock GoldWing levers price on HDL thinking I could save a buck or 2. No chance :lol: Hals price is $40 bucks each. silly me, thanks for letting us know about the kurys. Kury says it's 39 per set? Did you get both (2) levers for 40? sheese that's about a first, kury chrome cheaper than honda aluminium.

·
Registered
9,553 Posts
I've never done this but was told it works. Put a hammer or some type of round wood between the grip and lever and bend the lever in slowly.
Just a thought.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Yep Lep
40 bucks for a pair and works wonders you just cut one tab off
out of the package and on the bike in 5 minutes

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
andyinc said:

You can dial the levers in further than stock for better comfort. I had to grind them for about 5 minutes with my dremmel to make them fit, but they work perfectly now. I bought them for $40 at the local Honda shop. Not sure if they will work on other Honda's, but they do work on the X with slight grinding. (you can't see this when installed)

FYI - From the grip (ISO's) to the closest point on the lever measures 1.5 inches now with these adjustable levers in the closest position on the dial (#5). With the levers I had before it was about a 2" reach. That 1/2" has made a big difference with hand fatigue while riding through traffic. Also, the clutch engages quicker than before. They are wider than stock also and spring loaded so it is pretty easy to pull them with two fingers. Very nice upgrade from stock IMO.
Hey Andy
I put these on the bike (1800) and I find there is just a slight diffreence between where the little round dealie on clutch side fits in the hole apparently and the clutch is now hair triggered and doesn't really even feel like it will fully disengage. I ground down the peg that made it fit, but is there somewhere else that I need to grind or do I need to shim up the hole somehow so it pushes the plunger sooner?

I didn't really measure but it seemed to me that tho these would adjust further out they didn't seem to adjust further in.

Anyhow, thanks

by the way, I got them from HDL and it was 35.95 for the pair, not for one, found here

http://www.hondadirectlineusa.com/stores/product.asp?pid=4632&str=4&ID=457040651

1 - 12 of 12 Posts