Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for some handlebar options for a 2006 1800 C. Initially I was looking for risers but I think handlebars would be a better option. I'm about 5"9 so sometimes making tight turns is quite difficult as I have to lean my body forward to continuously have a good grip and control. I'm wondering what options are out there to bring them a little bit closer without having to change the cables / wires. I'm not so good with measurements so if anyone has any images or specific suggestions with model numbers I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
63,661 Posts
Most C owners have gone the way of getting 6 inch pullback risers to help with this. Aeromach and Rivco made them although the Rivco is getting harder to find. Before you ask, Yes, that added 2 inches is a tremendous help. Also, swapping risers is a lot easier than swapping bars

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
I'm 5'5". I had to put both 6" risers and the VTX1800 R handlebar on mine. I'd still prefer a little more pull back, but this will have to do for now.
In order to pull this off, I had to get 6" longer throttle cables and the longer Valkyrie clutch line, but I don't recall, nor did I make note of, the part number. Sorry.
I believe you may be able to make do with just replacing the C handlebar with the R bar. You have to reroute the throttle cable from the left side of the frame to the right side.
The R bar, IMO, also adds a needed 'cruiser' look to the C model.
Best of luck to you.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm 5'10" and I went with a 1" riser and 14" adjustable bars on a metric to American riser block and a cable kit from mean cycles, my vtx1800 is so much more comfortable, my back nolonger cramps up on longer rides and I feel like I have better control when cornering

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have a 2006 1800C2 and I replaced the stock bars for a Z-Bar and afterward added 2 inch riser to it. I saw the risers in a YouTube video about 10 things that make a difference. They cost more than the bars, but they connect where the bars usually go and the bars attached to them. Easy install. I'm 6ft 1/2in tall. Bars cost about $35. Risers cost over a hundred.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts