Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
no risers for me yet, but I am also shopping. I sat on a bike with these (kewlmetals) yesterday and was not a big fan. Seemed to turn the bar down significantly, also looked kind of awkward. This is what I am looking at right now:

http://www.vtxrisers.com/

If anyone has any feedback on these, please post.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
no risers for me yet, but I am also shopping. I sat on a bike with these (kewlmetals) yesterday and was not a big fan. Seemed to turn the bar down significantly, also looked kind of awkward. This is what I am looking at right now:

http://www.vtxrisers.com/

If anyone has any feedback on these, please post.
These are the ones that I have and like them just fine. Helped to get rid of most of the numbness and tingling in my fingers.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
These are the ones that I have and like them just fine. Helped to get rid of most of the numbness and tingling in my fingers.
geo is a good dude and makes a great product i'm on my 2 risers made by him.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Looking for opinions on the risers manufactured by Kewlmetal.

http://www.directlineparts.com/product.asp?pid=4573&str=12&ID=684729757

Do any of you have these installed on your bike and if so, how do you like them? I am looking for more comfort but not alot of rise in my handlebars as I like the original look.

thanks,
Marcell
I have these and love them- much more comfortable riding position and have gotten some compliments on them. They do change the look of the bike very slightly, but I like it- makes it look "sleeker" I think. Check out my album for pics. :cool:

~Jaymz

·
Registered
214 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Kewl Risers

I have installed the Kewl 360 risers on my 1300C. I love the way they look and feel. The rise is not too high and handlbars back feels good. You can see in picture.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Any need to change out cables?
i have these risers and love 'em! I removed the brackets that hold the cables across the front of the triple tree, when the bars were off the bike I moved the cables behind the triple trees and gives the bike a cleaner look. Can't go wrong with Kewlmetal products. Top quality:thumbup:!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Kewl Metal 195's

I have these on my C and combined with the Mustang seat I think I have found the optimum seating comfort position. Well made, great chrome but kind of pricey. Still love em.

JP

·
Registered
473 Posts
I have the ones from scootworks.com......see my sig picture. I love them and can't believe I waited as long as I did to get them.

·
Sweet Thing
439 Posts
+1 on the Scootworks risers! Have had mine for just over a year and love them. They work fine with all stock cables. You can see them in the pic below.

They will be going on the 'for sale' board soon though because I just bought some CP Punisher bars that will be put on as soon as it's warm enough to work in the garage. Can't wait!

jeni

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
risers

thanks for everyone's inputs. I am leaning towards the Kewlmetal version. now we need the weather to start cooperating as I am tired of rain and snow. I know, I live the PACNORWEST, so what should I expect:)

·
Lady Rider
4,246 Posts
+1 on CP punishers and I liked the look. I'm pretty short armed, so I still needed a little extra on long rides, so I put Sockets under the risers and got a much more comfortable feel. I'm thinking the Kewlmetal ones will bring the bars a little further toward me and down and I'll like the look more and still retain the comfort. It's worth a try. I'd love to pick up a set used and then if I don't like them, I won't lose so much.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I have the Kewlmetal risers on my C and love them. The difference between these and the others listed above is that the Kewlmetal risers lay them down 13 degrees, bringing the bars back (2.25 inches) and keeping them at the same hight as they were. I also love they way they look.

·
Registered
370 Posts
:agree::agree::agree:

·
Registered
18 Posts
I put the Kewl risers on my C model and they have really made a big difference (along with my Mustang seat). The only thing is, now I want MORE! If I could get the bars back a little bit more, that would be even better. I had no problem with my cables.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts