Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I'm sure it's been done here before and with better results too. I'm sure you've seen that cable wrapped steering wheels that guys back in the old days used to put on their cars and trucks. This kind of wheel I just happened to spot in my grandpa's old tractor on my uncle's farm. So today I gave it a try and here it is :laugh:

Attachments

·
Registered
520 Posts
Hi, I'm sure it's been done here before and with better results too. I'm sure you've seen that cable wrapped steering wheels that guys back in the old days used to put on their cars and trucks. This kind of wheel I just happened to spot in my grandpa's old tractor on my uncle's farm. So today I gave it a try and here it is :laugh:
Thats a nice touch, something different. Nice bike :thumbup: Like the "Liner" coating on the rear rack too! Very clean Bike, good for you. :thumbup: Can't go wrong with Red either.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
As for the wrap, it took two 1x1,5mm cords, 9 meters each. It beefs up the bar diameter by 3mm only, but up close it looks really massive. The job itself is a pleasure, altogether an hour or less. No need to detach anything. Just takes some patience :laugh:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,386 Posts
I love it, and very unique!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Harkon. There's a small update: yesterday I got a black tacho from Cobra.
This time I used only a single black cord and run it through the gap in the mounting (no need for screw bands next to the tachometer housing).

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts