Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used any Harley style aftermarket controls to replace the VTX 1800C clutch and brake resevoirs and controls??? I don't lilke the look of the stock ones. I really like a set from performance machine but am unsure how they will perform on the VTX's dual disc front setup??? I was thinking of changing out the handlebars at the same time as well. Any Do's, Don'ts, stuff to look out for, Picsl??? Thanks!

Big Jeff

·
Super Moderator
63,772 Posts
PM has 2 different brake master cylinders one for singe disc and one for duals. The dual has a bigger bore for the second caliper and works just fine. The switch housings were the bigger PITA. Because of the turn signals being on one switch and not on both sides of the bars like an HD. So you have to split the power line into 2 lines so you can run them up both sides and then you need to get a turn signal cancellor unit to control the them. Having a service manual will really help a lot on the wiring. 8)

·
Registered
255 Posts
Will any 1" grip fit on the VTX bars? Or fit and work with throttle cable?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Spike...

Those are the ones.. :) Is it easier or harder to disengage the clutch with those? Thanks for the tip on the wires and the turn signal canceller..

Jeff.

·
Super Moderator
63,772 Posts
BigJeffVTX said:
Spike...

Those are the ones.. :) Is it easier or harder to disengage the clutch with those? Thanks for the tip on the wires and the turn signal canceller..

Jeff.
It is a little harder, like if you went from the stock rubber line to a braided stainless line. 8)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts