Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright I need some help I cant find roll back retro type bars for my04 1300C Can someone help me out Thanks Jeff

·
Registered
174 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
i have a set of 03 1300 retro bars for sale. pm me if interested :D

·
Registered
128 Posts
I just installed 1800R risers & bars on my 1300C. What an improvement in comfort! No more pain in the back, neck & shoulders. I can see behind me using the mirrors without twisting arms and neck. Much better than KM risers on the C bar.

I installed new R cables, and the existing wiring seems to be as tight as it can be.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey where did you buy bar and risers...also are you saying new R cables are tight or did u mean oringinalC cables also how much am I looking at spending on this setup

thans Jeff

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Clasic X said:
I sure wish you would quit posting a pic of your bike :x it is killing me, everytime I see it I think I need to go buy another one just so I can build it like yours :lol:

·
Registered
816 Posts
thanks papa. :beer3:

·
Registered
696 Posts
hey where did you buy bar and risers...also are you saying new R cables are tight or did u mean oringinalC cables also how much am I looking at spending on this setup
I have on my C a set of 1800R bars, and the stock cables/wires/brake hose will work only if you pass them behind the triple tree.
I have since changed over to 1300R cables, cost is approx $60, including the front brake hose. Cables are approx $25.
The existing C wiring still works, but the are behind the triple tree (I can't remember now if this is stock or not)

·
Registered
128 Posts
jeffca said:

thans Jeff
Ozzie is correct. I bought the R bars and risers used on the 1800 classified forum. Got the cables from my local dealer and used the original brake line and electric wires. The brake line has some slack but might need a bit of massaging to get it into the correct position. Electrics are behind the bar and just barely long enough, but they never need to move.

If you go this route, you will need to buy either a left-hand stock grip or new grips. I don't have the knack to save used grips.

Right now, there is a set of 1800N bars for sale on the 1800 classified and 1300R bars for sale on the 1300 classified. No takers...yet.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Clasic X said:
Hey Clasic,

If I remember right... when you did your beachbar set-up you said something about drilling through the risers to run the wires. Can you share any details (pics) on that little project?

Thanks,

Sam

·
Registered
816 Posts
sam goldsmith said:
[quote="Clasic X":30uat88z]i have a set of 03 1300 retro bars for sale. pm me if interested :D
Hey Clasic,

If I remember right... when you did your beachbar set-up you said something about drilling through the risers to run the wires. Can you share any details (pics) on that little project?

Thanks,

Sam[/quote:30uat88z]

luckily, the bars came predrilled at the ends and the center. the wires drop down (exposed) between the risers and over the tree cover.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts