Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I 'stumbled' onto this tool, bought it, and thought I'd share. I've had to make my own version of this oil drain tool because my motorcycle jack sometimes interferes with the oil flow, down to the oil pan. This will solve that problem, and it is moldable and reusable and perfect for the job!

Product Leaf Grass Creative arts Art

If you click on the link there is a video showing how it works:

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Something like this, but better than this.

Gesture Finger Font Drinkware Kitchen utensil

When I changed oil on the '97 Buell, I used to curse the filter location.

·
Super Moderator
7,212 Posts
Been using them for years now HOP, they're a great tool. I have them in two sizes and they're worth the money. Good tip!

Oh, and another good "tool" is a disposable diaper for those times when even the Gorilla funnel won't catch all of it. They're very absorbent and can be wrung out and then disposed of easily.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Best thing is you can store it at the bottom of your saddlebag.

Reactions: DrDolittle

·
Registered
2006 1800S VTX
1,242 Posts
That's a very good idea. Perhaps I could make something like that from PVC pipe. I need to change the oil in my compressor and there is no way to get a drip pan under the drain plug.

·
Premium Member
9,302 Posts
That's a very good idea. Perhaps I could make something like that from PVC pipe. I need to change the oil in my compressor and there is no way to get a drip pan under the drain plug.
You can actually get extensions for that. The other option is Teflon tube and brass tubing fittings with a valve on the end. Takes the mess out of it. Had the same issue with my snowblower.

An example;

Reactions: Capt. Rory

·
Registered
9,261 Posts
What I want to know is how the heck do you fold that thing so the oil just disappears? I would buy 10 if it really works that way.

Reactions: Capt. Rory

·
Registered
2006 1800S VTX
1,242 Posts
You can actually get extensions for that. The other option is Teflon tube and brass tubing fittings with a valve on the end. Takes the mess out of it. Had the same issue with my snowblower.

An example;
Yes, I plan on using an extension, but draining it as it is without the extension will make a mess. Also my zero turn mower needs something under the oil filter, otherwize I have to sop up the oil with a rag.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
My neighbor services his sailboat inboard auxiliary engine with a oil extractor.

Impossible to do it otherwise.

·
Registered
187 Posts
A piece of paper rolls up into a funnel and I don't have to clean it when I'm done. Throw it away or use it to light my fire pit! Lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts