Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to invest in some hard bags soon and I just want to get an idea of what my options are. I know of the ones honda direct line has but have seen pictures of nice ones that aren't nearly as expensive as, for example, corbin beetlebags. I appreciate any feedback.

Jeremy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
272 Posts
how about some harley roadking bags..not to bad on ebay
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,111 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,111 Posts
I forgot to add www.leatherlyke.com and www.bossbags.com but they are leather-like amd leather hard bags, respectively. I believe I am going to go with the Boss Bags after my research and the option I want of getting them on/off quickly. I had Saddlemen bags with Easy Brackets because I thought I'd save some money. Well, both bags cracked near the mounting bolts on both sides, so here I am shopping for another set. :cry:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree. Like I said in the original post, this is going to be an investment. I can't afford something like Boss bags or Champion bags, but on the other hand, I don't want something cheap either. I definately have some thinking and saving up to do.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
282 Posts
National cycle or Leatherlyke. Depends on the look you are after. I have the Leatherlykes and they are great, but I really like the look of the National's better.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
679 Posts
MR VTX said:
I forgot to add www.leatherlyke.com and www.bossbags.com but they are leather-like amd leather hard bags, respectively. I believe I am going to go with the Boss Bags after my research and the option I want of getting them on/off quickly. I had Saddlemen bags with Easy Brackets because I thought I'd save some money. Well, both bags cracked near the mounting bolts on both sides, so here I am shopping for another set. :cry:
Been there, done that... which is why I have the Tsukayus now.

Dan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
113 Posts
I got the National Cycle Cruiseliner hardbags......other than a few problems with the flimsy plastic locks, they're great
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,744 Posts
I have the National Cycle Cruiseliner hardbags. They hold a ton of stuff, and keep your contents dry and safe due to their keyed thumb-push locks. Their most endearing feature is that they employ a quick-release mechanism (two quarter-turn D-rings inside removes them from their beautiful chrome brackets in seconds). Turn signal relocation is not required. Lastly, they are asymmetrically designed and specifically styled for cruisers -- particularly Retros (I love the sleek looks which flow with the lines of my bike), and come ready for custom painting should you desire. NC supplies the longer bolts for their brackets on your fender rail. These hardbags are available for any VTX model. And if all that weren't enough the base price is only $650, hundreds less than Champions ($1,295) or Beetlebags ($899), two other excellent hardbags. Of course you can obtain healthy out the door discounts.

National Cycle's website is http://www.nationalcycle.com/catalogue/ ... ebags.html

Here's a few of pics of my bike with the bags on.



 

·
Registered
Joined
·
959 Posts
Blade said:
I have the National Cycle Cruiseliner hardbags. They hold a ton of stuff, and keep your contents dry and safe due to their keyed thumb-push locks. Their most endearing feature is that they employ a quick-release mechanism (two quarter-turn D-rings inside removes them from their beautiful chrome brackets in seconds). Turn signal relocation is not required. Lastly, they are asymmetrically designed and specifically styled for cruisers -- particularly Retros (I love the sleek looks which flow with the lines of my bike), and come ready for custom painting should you desire. NC supplies the longer bolts for their brackets on your fender rail. These hardbags are available for any VTX model. And if all that weren't enough the base price is only $650, hundreds less than Champions ($1,295) or Beetlebags ($899), two other excellent hardbags. Of course you can obtain healthy out the door discounts.

National Cycle's website is http://www.nationalcycle.com/catalogue/ ... ebags.html

Here's a few of pics of my bike with the bags on.



Blade....how does your passenger like the bags? Do they get in the way of the passenger's legs at all? I'm looking for some hard bags...these saddlemen bags aren't cuttin' it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,744 Posts
VTXretro1300 said:
Blade....how does your passenger like the bags? Do they get in the way of the passenger's legs at all?
The top of the NC bags are contoured so they fit especially comfortably underneath the passenger's thighs and legs, at the top and bottom, resp. For the most part, saddle/hardbag manufacturers inherently take overall fit into consideration due to their specific placement next to a passenger. When my ex-wife to be would ride with me she had no problems -- her or any passenger's legs simply sit and hang naturally around them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
502 Posts
I've got the Nat'l cycle cruiseliners. They don't get in my wife's way at all, but I've also got the Rivce passenger floorboards with the extensions that move them forward a couple of inches. No problems with the bags so far.

 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top