Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 02 1800C with V&H BigShots and I want to install hard bags. Any suggestions on brands, sizes, or where to look first? Just ordered my Woody's fairing, (7 weeks out) and I'm looking for hard bags to go with it. Going to leave the fairing black gel coat for now, will paint next year. So black is a must, but ABS or fiberglass, I'm up in the air. I'm looking for your two cents worth. Anyone done it?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Bags on my bike

I have a 02 1800C with V&H BigShots and I want to install hard bags. Any suggestions on brands, sizes, or where to look first? Just ordered my Woody's fairing, (7 weeks out) and I'm looking for hard bags to go with it. Going to leave the fairing black gel coat for now, will paint next year. So black is a must, but ABS or fiberglass, I'm up in the air. I'm looking for your two cents worth. Anyone done it?
I have the Mustang hardbags on my bike and I love them. I had them installed at Sturgis two years ago because the Mutazu bags that I had did not have a strong enough wall and the lids kept opening up. These bags are great - fit nicely with the back of the bike, and have good lines with the shorter C fender. The only thing that you might have to consider is how they line up with your rear turn signals. I went to an integrated tail light earlier on - so it was not an issue for me. I have been on week long road trips and they hold a ton of stuff. I even keep two extra small gas cans (one in each bag) for extra gas since I seem to be the first one to run out when I am riding.
bike with bags 2.jpg bike with bags left.jpg
They were around $700 and they are fiberglass shell covered in leather, carpeted inside.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Tsukayu Jumbos

I love my Tsukayu Jumbo Strongs. Here's a photo on my 2003 1800C. High quality, super good looking, tons of storage and locks.
bike 1.JPG bike2.JPG

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just installed a Woody's on my 03 1800c. I have the strong bags ready to go on and they match up pretty good. No pics yet of the bags yet (sorry). I will post them when I get them on. I think you will like those. I found a black pair of the strong bags on local craigslist for $160.00.

Also, here is a thread when I asked the same thing...

http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/showthread.php?325926-Hard-Bags-on-a-Stock-C-rear-fender

Bikepic2.jpg

·
Registered
39 Posts
Would tsukayu strong bags for a 1300r fit a 2002 1800c?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Shoot i would have gave you a deal on my Fairing and bags...
Steve in Ct

·
Registered
78 Posts
What type of bags and faring ? How much ?

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have the Mustang hardbags on my bike and I love them. I had them installed at Sturgis two years ago because the Mutazu bags that I had did not have a strong enough wall and the lids kept opening up. These bags are great - fit nicely with the back of the bike, and have good lines with the shorter C fender. The only thing that you might have to consider is how they line up with your rear turn signals. I went to an integrated tail light earlier on - so it was not an issue for me. I have been on week long road trips and they hold a ton of stuff. I even keep two extra small gas cans (one in each bag) for extra gas since I seem to be the first one to run out when I am riding.
View attachment 30595 View attachment 30596
They were around $700 and they are fiberglass shell covered in leather, carpeted inside.
I really like the looks of the mustang bags but do they work ok with a rider for legs and foot room? Thanks RICK

1 - 14 of 14 Posts