Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would let all the "F" owners know that my Hard Krome 2.5's went on with only minor difficulty. The "C" model pipes fit just fine, no problems with clearance anywhere. However the mounting bracket holes for the bolts dont line up correctly. I had to slide the mounting bracket forward and attach it with just ONE bolt per pipe instead of the regular TWO. I think I will just make another bracket with the correct hole alignment.
They look great and sound very nice.

So that is another pipe that WILL fit the F!!!

What do you guys think about installing a PC III and doing the desmog?

I rode it for 70 miles last night after I put on pipes. I rode the hell out of it and did not get even one single decel pop. You think it would be a waste of time doing desmog or waste of money adding PC III?

Only thing I noticed different was a mild loss of torque compared to stock.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have those pipes on my 03 C. It will run fine without the pc3, but for more kick, get it. I am running a map I downloaded from powercommander and it really gave the bike more power. It is very noticable in the midrange. A small twist and the bike just goes! Oh, no popping at any speed or throttle opening.

·
Super Moderator
63,856 Posts
If your bike is running good as is, leave it. The pair removal would help the pop if you have any, but you don't so it would only clean up the top of the motor. The PC3 is something you can consider down the road as long as you're happy. 8)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts