Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i have had my 1300r for about a year and a half...i did the clayton mod and it sounded ok, but i felt that i needed more...so i bit the bullet and decided to get them...i got them from www.motorcycleproshop.com ...$578 for item and shipping...i couldn't find a better deal....well, i got them in yesterday at work...opened the box...the chrome was nice and shiny...i put it back in the box and noticed the box said 1300c, i started to worry a bit, but the part number was the the correct one for the R on the Hardkrome website...well, i got them on..i think it took about an hour or so, those bottom header bolts were the worst....started the bike...and smile ear to ear...then i took it for a ride...luckily, i had no backfire and i didnt jet it...geez, the sound of these things in motion...unless you are prepared for the facial pain due to perma-smile, do not get these pipes...lol

·
Registered
397 Posts
Dallas05XR said:
so i have had my 1300r for about a year and a half...i did the clayton mod and it sounded ok, but i felt that i needed more...so i bit the bullet and decided to get them...i got them from www.motorcycleproshop.com ...$578 for item and shipping...i couldn't find a better deal....well, i got them in yesterday at work...opened the box...the chrome was nice and shiny...i put it back in the box and noticed the box said 1300c, i started to worry a bit, but the part number was the the correct one for the R on the Hardkrome website...well, i got them on..i think it took about an hour or so, those bottom header bolts were the worst....started the bike...and smile ear to ear...then i took it for a ride...luckily, i had no backfire and i didnt jet it...geez, the sound of these things in motion...unless you are prepared for the facial pain due to perma-smile, do not get these pipes...lol
WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWW !! :? You had me worried !! :roll: I am just about to order them .Now I cant wait to get them !!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Dallas05XR said:
PICS PLEASE! :p

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Eddie D. said:
Dallas05XR said:
WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWW !! :? You had me worried !! :roll: I am just about to order them .Now I cant wait to get them !!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

order them... you shan't regret...

BornOnFire said:
Dallas05XR said:
PICS PLEASE! :p
no prob...i will take some when i get home

·
Registered
312 Posts
That was a good come on, you had me feeling bad for you for a while.............

Glad it worked out for you!!!!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

i would post a sound clip, but it will do absolutely no justice at all...all of the talk about the equivalent to an 18-wheeler engine braking is no lie...today seemed like the longest day at work because i couldn't wait to hear the sweet sound of these pipes

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
sideburners

I have had mine for about 20000 miles and still love them they are the best sounding pipes I have heard on the 1300.

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
I went on an ABATE porker run 84 bikes and 95% were HD

I had more than one of them ask if they made the sideburner for the Harley, I think they liked the sound for some reason.

I just smile and roll on the throttle all the time

By the way your mpg is going to go south till you get used to them.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Charlie D said:
I went on an ABATE porker run 84 bikes and 95% were HD

I had more than one of them ask if they made the sideburner for the Harley, I think they liked the sound for some reason.

I just smile and roll on the throttle all the time

By the way your mpg is going to go south till you get used to them.
lol...yeah, im expecting the mpg to go down....i cant get enough of these things...its funny because supposedly, its "baffled"

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
BornOnFire said:
Jeezus...don't those things burn your leg?
You sure don't ride with shorts on

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
BornOnFire said:
Jeezus...don't those things burn your leg?
they dont burn my legs.. the part of the pipe that you are seeing is basically a heat shield...which is a good thing, because the actual exhaust pipe is significantly smaller therefore, not hurting the backpressure

·
Registered
312 Posts
Ok - you got me. When I read the Topic I was worried for a minute.
Yes - I smile all the time with these puppies!
As far as the sound goes, you have to hear them in person.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Have'em and love'em :wink: :mcrider:

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
You weenie.... welcome to the club....just remember, they're not pleasant around heavy duty hang-overs!!!

Enjoy them!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I ride mine with shorts occasionally but after burning my leg getting off of it I have learned to be careful when dismounting and my mileage dropped as well after I put them on but its money well spentj

·
Registered
162 Posts
wize guy

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.