Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would like to put these on my 1300C. Do not want to rejet. just the pipes and maybe a K&N air filter. Read some older posts and most say they did not have to rejet. Really don't understand all I need to know about changing the pipes. Except for sound what are the benifits,again without rejeting. Also live in virginia where we have to get inspection sticker. does anyone know the code on loud pipes. Don't want to change them back everytime I get a sticker. Anyone in Va run these and have you had a problem?
Thanks

·
Registered
248 Posts
I did not re-jet after installing HK 2.5. I love the sound. I bet if you install a K&N you will need to re-jet. More air in could cause you problems.

Good luck
RattlerX

·
Registered
157 Posts
I also have HK 2.5 and didn't rejet. Have put about 5000 mile on it since I got it back in November and haven't had any problems.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I rejetted but I also installed the K&N filter. If you're just doing the pipes then you're probably alright to not rejet.

G

·
0 Posts
I have had my 2.5s about a year and a half. No rejetting required just for the pipes, but if ya change the air box ya probably will have to. I love my pipes but the chrome is coming off the interchangable tips. Other than that, they are great. Contrary to what I have read, I did not even change my crush gaskets and have never had a problem. Probably just lucky.

·
Registered
436 Posts
same problem

Chrome flaking off of tips,. Rest of the pipes fine had them about a year no rejet, did not change air box though.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are they really loud or can you keep them quite through town. They are really down on loud pipes around here. Noise ordances. I was told if they have baffels they won't write a ticket but not sure.
Anyone running these in Virginia?

B

·
0 Posts
FROM HARD KROME FAQ WEBSITE

Q: My end caps are peeling. Is there any way I can get them replaced?
A: We had a batch of end caps that missed a step in the chroming process. If you call our customer service line at 1(866) 654-6869 and tell them the style of exhaust and model of motorcycle, they will send replacements out at no charge. They will also be sending a self-addressed envelope. If you can slip the defective end caps in the envelope when you receive the new ones, we are all set.

Just give them a call, send them a proof of purchase, and they will take care of the rest.

I like the pipes, they are not overly loud. Sound good when putting around town. Roll the throttle back and they'll bark! Other than the tips chipping, all is great. Spend the extra few bucks and change the crush gasket.

G

·
0 Posts
If you put the K&N on, you will most likely run lean. Mine did. Rejet really improves the performance. Readjust air/fuel. Wow. JMO. Greg....

·
Registered
26 Posts
I did not even change my crush gaskets and have never had a problem. Probably just lucky.
Yep you were lucky. I didn't replace mine when I switched them out and had blue flames shooting out around the point where they meet the head. So I had to take them off and start all over with new gaskets. That sucked.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts