Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where the best deals currently are for these pipes? Gotta have em now!!! Cant stand running in stealth mode any longer. :oops: :evil:

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I resently put these on my retro and they do get very hot ,so hot in fact that they are melting my covers.if you do get them it would be wise to put some kind of heat tape before you install them.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Rudy
I think you are running rich bro. Any pipes will get hot if that is the case. You are the only one I know, including myself, with HK 3" that has the "heat" issue. I really don't think you can blame it on the pipes yet. The HK 3" is a 1 7/8" pipe surrounded by the 3" "heat shield" outer wall. If you notice the open part on the bottom allows the air to circulate better than the stockers. I think you need to check some other things before blaming it on the pipes til you are sure that is the cause.......then if it is you got a bad set. I have the Hypercharger, rejetted and HK 3" and I can tell you it is cooler to the touch than the stockers because of how much further off of the inner pipe the shield is and the air circulation between them. The only time mine are noticably warm is sitting still running with no air on them for a while. Good Luck!

Goestryder
I paid $320 for mine shipped ...... HK big 3" straights. That was on sale with a price match new in the box and last summer. There were some that went for $360 new in the box on e-bay last week as I gave someone on here a heads up and they bought them. If you are looking at other HK's remember the baffles are fixed (welded) on the 2.5” American Classic Straights, the Strippers, the 2.75” Tapered Straights, the 3” Dual Sideburners, the 2-into-1 Sideburner and the 2-into-1 Xccelerator. All of the rest of the HK's have removeable baffles in case you want to swap baffles or use thunder monsters down the line. Good luck!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
txvtx1300

Hey Bro,

Thanks for the great info.....was starting to get cold feet about these pipes when the heat issue came up.....and if I could find a deal like yours I'd buy em right away...haven't seen a price less than $450 yet....

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
No problem. They have become pretty popular and the price breaks have gotten fewer lately. I'll keep an eye out for a deal a give you a heads up if I see one. You'll love them!

·
Seat Dr
5,159 Posts
No heat issues with my HK 3's other than getting compliments on the sound of them all the time. I love them and have had them for about a year.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I was riding with some Wingers this past weekend, and they made me "go to the rear". Guess they couldn't hear their stereos or CB's if I was in front, and one gent who was a little older than I am got out his ear plugs. He was riding a Yamaha Boulevard something....oh well.....................no heat probs here either.......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts