Registered
3,232 Posts
I'm in.....but do a search there's already one started :D

·
Registered
12,125 Posts
fev1969 said:
Actually, it was the HK Club, but I kinda like having our own exclusive club! Then we can pi$$ off other board members who don't have the privilege of owning the baddest-looking pipes on the planet!!! 8) :p

Count me in:

Disclaimer: Part of this post was typed in humor, but may also represent disinformation or misinformation...although I am not misinformed or disinformed because it was for your information anyway! :D

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
MR VTX said:
fev1969 said:
Actually, it was the HK Club, but I kinda like having our own exclusive club! Then we can pi$$ off other board members who don't have the privilege of owning the baddest-looking pipes on the planet!!! 8) :p

Count me in:

Disclaimer: Part of this post was typed in humor, but may also represent disinformation or misinformation...although I am not misinformed or disinformed because it was for your information anyway! :D
Yeah I rember the HK club but I remember something about the "HK K2's knights of the round table club" It was in '05....I bought my K2's in april of '05 and at the time I think you were the only member with them....errrrr sumpin like that :lol:

·
Registered
12,125 Posts
fev1969 said:
Yeah I rember the HK club but I remember something about the "HK K2's knights of the round table club" It was in '05....I bought my K2's in april of '05 and at the time I think you were the only member with them....errrrr sumpin like that :lol:
Yup, you are correct...and I even posted in one of them! :oops:

http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/viewtopic.p ... ht=knights

I remember being in the garage when I first fired them up. My first thought was "Crap, the neighbors are going to hate me!" Those were the good ol' days! 8)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm thinking about joining your club but I have a few questions you guys may be able to answer. Is there a crossover on the K2's? It seems every other exhaust system with a power port or boost port or whatever they name it makes a big deal and it is that the two pipes are conected to give there pipes the preformance of a 2 into 1 system yet Hard Krome doesn't?
I would like to know that they do before I spend that money! Thanks JYD

·
Registered
264 Posts
junkyarddog said:
I'm thinking about joining your club but I have a few questions you guys may be able to answer. Is there a crossover on the K2's? It seems every other exhaust system with a power port or boost port or whatever they name it makes a big deal and it is that the two pipes are conected to give there pipes the preformance of a 2 into 1 system yet Hard Krome doesn't?
I would like to know that they do before I spend that money! Thanks JYD
Hey junkyard,

There is no crossover on the K2's.

·
Registered
264 Posts
michael7276 said:
BACK IN BLACK!

I also hear a certain guy is working on an after market resonator for the K 2's!
LOL!
Cool.....bike is looking great. Who might this guy be? Hmmmmmmmm I wonder....

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
VMan said:
Thanks for the compliment!

HMMM......

Not sure at all who that would be! But, I have it on purty good authority that they sound purty awesome. Way different than the HK 3's.

I also hear that he's lookin for a 2 people to test them out and willing to send them out cheap for those that are willing.

·
Registered
264 Posts
michael7276 said:
VMan said:

HMMM......

Not sure at all who that would be! But, I have it on purty good authority that they sound purty awesome. Way different than the HK 3's.

I also hear that he's lookin for a 2 people to test them out and willing to send them out cheap for those that are willing.
If this guy is lookin' for people to test I would be interested. Maybe if you see this guy you can let him know? Also, if you could let him know that I'm running modified K2 baffles, I inserted some Khrome Works baffles inside the K2 stockers.

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
VMan said:
michael7276 said:
VMan said:

HMMM......

If this guy is lookin' for people to test I would be interested. Maybe if you see this guy you can let him know? Also, if you could let him know that I'm running modified K2 baffles, I inserted some Khrome Works baffles inside the K2 stockers.
So you inserted a Krome Werks baffle inside the stock baffle?

·
Registered
264 Posts
michael7276 said:
VMan said:
michael7276 said:
VMan said:

HMMM......

So you inserted a Krome Werks baffle inside the stock baffle?
I did indeed, 1 3/4", tight fit but it worked. I'll send you a PM.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
MR VTX said:
fev1969 said:
Yup, you are correct...and I even posted in one of them! :oops:

I remember being in the garage when I first fired them up. My first thought was "Crap, the neighbors are going to hate me!" Those were the good ol' days! 8)

That is funny..........you joined and don't remember.......I remembered the thread from 2 years ago and didn't join :lol: :lol:

When I first got my pipes on I was really excited about starting the bike up, my wife had an appointment to be somewhere so I had them all on but not tightend down all the way but I had to hear them before I left :twisted: I had my bike in front of her car in the garage, she had her window down and I hit the key and started them up :lol: shot a flame out the back because it was sucking air at the exhaust.....she started yelling it's to loud but I just had to let it run for what seemed to be an hour, probably 10 seconds in reality with a couple twists on the throttle and a few flames I shut it off..................I don't even remember where we were going, all I remember is the huge grin on my face all the way there :D :D

After about a mounth I took the baffels out and run like that for about 3 months, then put them back in, bike seamed too quiet then. So I ordered the HK strait through baffels and installed the thunder monster baffels in them......nice rumble now......... :twisted:

I may order a set of michaels resonaters and compair the 2.......the pipes out of the box has a great sound, The strait through baffels sound as good just louder, once I installed the thunder monster baffels in the strait through baffels it was still loud but gave it a lower rumble and a really nice bark when you twist the grip.......the only problem is you have to have the strait through baffles in order to install the thunder monsters, you can't install them in the stock baffles........It cost around $160 to do it, $80 for the strait through baffels and another $80 or $90 for the Thunder Monsters........

·
Registered
869 Posts
right brand wrong style you guys should have got the sideburners

·
Registered
12,125 Posts
fev1969 said:
After about a mounth I took the baffels out and run like that for about 3 months, then put them back in, bike seamed too quiet then. So I ordered the HK strait through baffels and installed the thunder monster baffels in them......nice rumble now......... :twisted:

I may order a set of michaels resonaters and compair the 2.......the pipes out of the box has a great sound, The strait through baffels sound as good just louder, once I installed the thunder monster baffels in the strait through baffels it was still loud but gave it a lower rumble and a really nice bark when you twist the grip.......the only problem is you have to have the strait through baffles in order to install the thunder monsters, you can't install them in the stock baffles........It cost around $160 to do it, $80 for the strait through baffels and another $80 or $90 for the Thunder Monsters........
Yeah, I ran without the baffles, too, but my ears couldn't take it anymore, so I put them back in. Plus, I lost a little HP & torque, which I didn't want. I had e-mailed the guys who make the Thunder Monsters and inquired about the same setup as you have. When they told me what all was involved, I just left it alone. Did you ever dyno your bike with the current setup? I'd like to see if I could gain any torque (or HP) with that setup.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.