Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
With the age and popularity of YouTube today, Harley and other motorcycle manufacturers recruit popular youtube channels like Bikes and Beards and others, lending them a new model motorcycle to do a review. It's a very clever way of marketing to reach the masses that have interest in certain makes and models of bikes. Back in the day we had to buy motorcycle magazines, buyer's guides to find out about new bikes coming out.

·
Registered
7,533 Posts
I have a few subscribed YouTube channels because I trust the info presented there, but as soon as that channel starts pushing products they get free I'm going to ditch that subscription. Where I work we can't accept anything given to us from a vendor, no matter how little the value, and this is because people are so easily swayed towards a favorable bias by any kind of marketing gifts.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Where I work we can't accept anything given to us from a vendor, no matter how little the value, and this is because people are so easily swayed towards a favorable bias by any kind of marketing gifts.
I can understand that but only if Harley Davidson is doing business with your company.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
LOL I have watched a few videos by this guy. I learned very quickly to take anything he says with a giant rock of salt.
Afterall, this is the Internet, a medium full of "stuff".

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Old story, but a goodie, even if not true: former employer had a "Code of Ethics" = "I will not lie, cheat, or steal....blah, blah, blah..."

Story goes, on a hot LA summer day a security guy walking thru one of the food & beverage outlets helped himself to a glass of lemonade from a complimentary pitcher left out for guests to help themselves.

Supposedly was fired for violating the policy. Story frequently told by management to make the point that we were men of honor.

:rolleyes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts