Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
That was my first thought when i was at the m/c show in Cleveland and you could ride one in the IX center. Tucking a chargeable battery between your legs raises the bar for excitement, lol

Some cars have the battery under the back passenger seat. Should be a warning sign on the back of the front seat.

·
Premium Member
6,558 Posts
I don't think the project is "done" but only on hold until they figure out what is going on. Details are few ATM, but for all of the Harley haters out there, good for you!

·
Registered
8,580 Posts
The LiveWire and subsequent EV products are meant to complement, not replace, Harley-Davidson’s premium internal-combustion cruiser motorcycles

I admire their notion of "premium". 60 year old technology sounds better when described that way. :joke::joke::joke::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Reactions: ervin260

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
I don't think the project is "done" but only on hold until they figure out what is going on. Details are few ATM, but for all of the Harley haters out there, good for you!

It's a very poor and deceptive thread title. I think most people would understand "pulling the plug" to be a terminal step. So, misapplying it to a production stoppage while issues are sorted out and resolved is clearly misleading.

I'm not sure an EV bike will ever appeal to me, but I'm glad that the products are under development. They will probably continue to improve both in price and performance.

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
reminds me of the 'oil embargo'... you could only ride on Sunday .. as far as one tank can take you...

there and back....

as ALL gas stations were "Closed" on Sundays.

·
Registered
999 Posts
reminds me of the 'oil embargo'... you could only ride on Sunday .. as far as one tank can take you...

there and back....

as ALL gas stations were "Closed" on Sundays.

Lucky you, we were not allowed to drive on Sundays at all (Holland), only public transportation.

However, it was an 'ear opener' to learn how quiet a city could be without traffic, even at night, and an 'eye opener' to see people who had never in their life used public transportation before, complain about standing room only in the bus.

·
Premium Member
6,558 Posts
Lucky you, we were not allowed to drive on Sundays at all (Holland), only public transportation.

However, it was an 'ear opener' to learn how quiet a city could be without traffic, even at night, and an 'eye opener' to see people who had never in their life used public transportation before, complain about standing room only in the bus.
We were rather insulated from that. There were no such restrictions here. Of course gas was pricey at the time.

·
Registered
14 Posts
It’s a conspiracy. The Arab oil companies bought the patents for it and won’t let HD sell it, this also happened in the 70’s with a carb that would allow a caddy to get 75 MPG, in the 80’s with the perpetual motion machine, the 90’scold fusion….>:)

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's a very poor and deceptive thread title. I think most people would understand "pulling the plug" to be a terminal step. So, misapplying it to a production stoppage while issues are sorted out and resolved is clearly misleading.
I didn't mean for the thread title to sound like Harley hating thread. Your very observant, "pulling the plug" refers to someone or something that has no hope or chance for survival. In this case Harley caught this charging issue problem right before releasing the bike to the public. So there's hope for the bike that bugs will be worked out.

·
Premium Member
6,558 Posts
I didn't mean for the thread title to sound like Harley hating thread. Your very observant, "pulling the plug" refers to someone or something that has no hope or chance for survival. In this case Harley caught this charging issue problem right before releasing the bike to the public. So there's hope for the bike that bugs will be worked out.
The video alluded to the same. I'm not sure why people love to jump to such conclusions, but my bet is that Harley sorts this out. They have a lot invested to simply abandon it.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
That was the title of the original article .

You do not need to apologise for anything.

I understood immediately.

Attachments

Reactions: RBS

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That was the title of the original article .

You do not need to apologise for anything.

I understood immediately.
My last thread on a Harley subject on VTXOA was closed by a site administrator when thread discussion took a detour which caused concern for the site's administrator. After reading about my "Pull the Plug" title, thinking about it, it does sound kind of harsh but it was also used in the article. I realize a Harley subject on the VTXOA seems to be a sensitive subject to some here who may be fans of the brand and also haters of the brand. But also there's been some interesting discussion on this thread so far.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
My last thread on a Harley subject on VTXOA was closed by a site administrator when thread discussion took a detour which caused concern for the site's administrator. After reading about my "Pull the Plug" title, thinking about it, it does sound kind of harsh but it was also used in the article. I realize a Harley subject on the VTXOA seems to be a sensitive subject to some here who may be fans of the brand and also haters of the brand. But also there's been some interesting discussion on this thread so far.
I own a HD project bike. I haven't touched it for a year.

I haven't been the least concerned about what has been said about HD.

Your posts are well done, as are your titles.:laugh:

1 - 20 of 103 Posts