Honda VTX Forum banner

41 - 60 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
wow..4 pages....what a electrifying thread...I get charged up just reading it....:grin2:
The LiveWire has two charging issues. 1st the price of the bike people are unhappy about and 2nd charging the battery.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Taking Harley out of the picture. Follow the money. Electricity is a very old source of power, which is quite often generated by burning fossil fuels. It mostly, is not clean and green. Look what has happened to diesel powered vehicles in Europe where there was a big push for them and now they are being phased out because of tightening emission laws. Glad you splurged out big bucks on the latest diesel powered car Mr European? Once loads of people have squandered mega bucks on electric vehicles along will come hydrogen power or something else. The big end of town relies on everyone being led by the nose to believe that we need something when we just want it. Electric vehicles are just a phase. We now have reliability why are they not working on improving mpg? Needs and wants, why cant we understand the difference?
I might buy into the Scotty transporter thing but it would have to be the bike and me for short hops once I get to where I'm going. No more stock seat/mpg issues. I have a feeling if you push the button for a California destination though you won't re-materialize unless you have purchased the appropriate carbon credits or punched "1" for Spanish. Think giant bug light. Pfffttt.

I hope HD is successful with their ebike. It would be a shame if they aren't because it is all headed down that path short term. Long term, who knows. Does this bike have Alexa?

·
Registered
1,907 Posts

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Looking forward to the electric version of the 'loud pipes save lives' discussion.

😈
It's coming, it's here. It's a real issue. Can't argue anymore. It's official. >:) Noise save lives, so loud pipes save lives, too.

https://www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2019/7/1/20676854/electric-cars-artificial-safety-noise-low-speeds-european-union-rules-2019-2021

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/business-48815968

https://www.fastcompany.com/90371588/eu-says-electric-cars-must-now-make-fake-noise-to-warn-others-of-their-approach

·
Registered
506 Posts

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
* disclaimer: when travelling under 12 mph.... :laugh:
Only slow motion is dangerous. Above 12 mph, there is no danger! Go fast! :grin2:
Seriously, noise (sound of the exhaust, engine, tires) make vehicles safer, because easier to notice them. It's a fact.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Holy screeming social worker, Batman !! What about the deaf? Do we just let them get run over by these new fangled electrical cars ? Surely not.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Wish someone would start a new thread... because i have one i am dying to start one called "Your Bike before and after" which is about pics of your bikes when you bought them (before) and another pic of your bike/s when it was pretty much done with mods (after).

But i want it to be the 2nd to next new thread so i can be the one that pushes the locked out "Harley thread" **OFF** the main page for good >:)

Life's little pleasures : )

·
Registered
8,445 Posts
I still believe the company is in a lot of hot water financially speaking. I forgot to mention that the motorcycle Market whether it be new or used has been very soft and it is completely a buyer's market these days. I remember a. Of time where you can walk into a motorcycle dealership and expect to pay what the sticker says not one penny less. Nowadays, you can walk into virtually any motorcycle dealership and make an offer. I know this for a fact as one of my friends just recently purchased a 2019 Street Glide and he caught $1,500 off the sticker price plus an additional $600 in a Harley gift card to use in the store. I hate to see plants shut down and people lose their job unfortunately this is a very harsh reality in this day and age.
$1500?!!!

That thing is still overpriced at $6000 off the sticker. :shock:

seriously - what are people thinking? If I overpay for something but not as much as the next guy I got a deal? :dontknow:

This goes for all bikes - not just HD. I just cannot understand why someone would pay $25,000 for a motorcycle unless they pay cash. It is the same with phones - who in their right mind spends $1500 on a phone? Particularily because that same phone will be $750 next year.....

·
Registered
8,445 Posts
Oh No not again!
Yep.

Time to ask about darkside and best oil. Its our thing - when winter hits we all cry like little girls and argue about nothing. :dontknow:

·
Registered
506 Posts
Yep.

Time to ask about darkside and best oil. Its our thing - when winter hits we all cry like little girls and argue about nothing. :dontknow:
someone could do a thread about Daytona Bike week.....:thumbup:

or one on: the challenges of riding in cold weather...

·
Super Moderator
6,189 Posts
$1500?!!!

That thing is still overpriced at $6000 off the sticker. :shock:

seriously - what are people thinking? If I overpay for something but not as much as the next guy I got a deal? :dontknow:

This goes for all bikes - not just HD. I just cannot understand why someone would pay $25,000 for a motorcycle unless they pay cash. It is the same with phones - who in their right mind spends $1500 on a phone? Particularily because that same phone will be $750 next year.....

I can remember back around 1990, walking out of the Honda dealership shaking my head because the cost of a new cruiser was $5000.

·
Registered
337 Posts

Ima gonna get rich!
Ima gonna buy an electrical vehicle and sell air/noise time on my AVAS, and will cruise through town at 12mph. "Eat at Joes" "No money down at dealing thugs", "Vote for poverty", "Hey idiot, get off of the phone".

Yeah!!!!!

:grin2:

41 - 60 of 103 Posts