Honda VTX Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
I would not even try to ask a non-Honda dealer to do any work on the VTX. I have a local bike shop that works on any bike without complaints. They have put on new tires several times but they ordered the tire. Didn't mind that.
Unfortunately most independent shops in my area that service all makes have long closed up because of lack of business. A lot of factors have caused this. Reliability of motorcycles, people doing there own maintenance, buying parts online, which I am guilty of, and also a decline in interest of motorcycles and riding with younger people.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
The EU tariffs are changing from 6% to 31% for American made motorcycles. .
Not sure about motorcycles but EU's tariffs on American cars are a lot higher. An article back in 2015, before people had a chance to manipulate data to fit their agenda, says this.

"The base Mustang, with its 2.3-liter, turbocharged four-cylinder and six-speed manual transmission will start at 34,000 euros ($40,214, at today's rates), while the 5.0-liter V8/six-speed-manual model starts at 39,000 euros ($46,127). "

https://www.autoblog.com/2015/01/08/ford-mustang-europe-pricing-report/

·
Premium Member
5,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Not sure about motorcycles but EU's tariffs on American cars are a lot higher. An article back in 2015, before people had a chance to manipulate data to fit their agenda, says this.

"The base Mustang, with its 2.3-liter, turbocharged four-cylinder and six-speed manual transmission will start at 34,000 euros ($40,214, at today's rates), while the 5.0-liter V8/six-speed-manual model starts at 39,000 euros ($46,127). "

https://www.autoblog.com/2015/01/08/ford-mustang-europe-pricing-report/
The article mentions even German cars are exceedingly expensive. Is it tariffs or some tax they have on performance cars there? Ford does already manufacture abroad for the EU market.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
The article mentions even German cars are exceedingly expensive. Is it tariffs or some tax they have on performance cars there? Ford does already manufacture abroad for the EU market.
Most things are more expensive there. Higher taxes on everything. Just see fuel prices. It's made of the same oil.
In some countries there just VAT is 27%.
BTW, average engine size in Europe is 1.4 l, for a reason.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts