Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2004 retro 1300 r/s. i've had this bike 11 months now, have 14k on it, and know it pretty well. however, i get a strong vibration at 55mph in 5th gear (in all gears at coresponding rpm's actually). of all the people i have talked to (mechanics and dealers included) only one acknowledged this and his response was, "welcome to the world of v-twins". anyone else experience this phenomena?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Mine seems to be the same. 05 S retro, I seem to get a lot through the handlebars. Will numb up the throttle hand quickly. I was wondering if they all were like this or not. I was waiting to ride someone else's to compare. I went from a Harley to a VTX. The VTX might have more vibration than my Harley.

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
Just for sShits and giggles try one grade up on fuel, that may push the vibration up or may get rid of it. On the other hand it may do nothing but the vibrations in mine change with a change in octane.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.