Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering doing Uranium Green Wheels, Handlebars and Frame... Just wondering what that would look like. For those of you with Photoshop or an equivelent and a little time, I wouldn't mind seeing even a doctored photo, just to get an idea...

Thanks,

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
I seem to remember German Pete had a uranium green X that he matched the frame on. How bout it there Pete

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rainman???

What's the matter Rainman? To much green???

Not to worry, I would have some other colors added with a custom paint job.

Which reminds me...
... if you are interested in custom paint, check out these guys... http://www.jeillusions.com/

Amazing!!!! That's all I can say!

·
Registered
799 Posts
GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN

I think if you make it all green, it'll look like a sport bike rather than a cruiser, but if that's what floats your boat.....................

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sport Bike?

Definetely don't want that...

Just trying to make it different... I have seen pictures of X's that are covered in paint including the engine and didn't really care for them. But they were all black, there is something about that bright Uranium Green color that I can't shake. I love this color. Again, not sure how it would look with green wheels, and or frame and handlebars. Even with my imagination I am having a hard tiem picturing what it would look like. I definetly don't want to find out that I don't like it once I have committed.

A "Sport Bike" is definetly not the look I am looking for... I will take pro street though...

Thanks for the input...

·
Registered
498 Posts
I think that contrasting greens would be good... I have a Uranium with 4 color pinstripes and I just did the engine in Hot Rod Green with poslished fins...

I think it rocks...

Mike

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Re: Rainman???

greenmachine! said:
What's the matter Rainman? To much green???

Not to worry, I would have some other colors added with a custom paint job.

Which reminds me...
... if you are interested in custom paint, check out these guys... http://www.jeillusions.com/

Amazing!!!! That's all I can say!
I'm all for making it different, but damn son.....that's just GREEN. We've got one of the boys we ride with that's got one of those uranium bikes. If you like it, I reckon that's all that counts, but I think even you'll admit, it's not for everyone :) I don't mean that as an insult, but I think making the wheels, bars and everything uranium green....I just think it'd be overkill. Don't get me wrong...my favorite color is green. More the forrest green or something darker, but hey...like I said, if you like it - I guess I'm all for it :D To each his own I guess.

When I read that about you wanting to make everything that uranium color, I just had a flashback in my head to my high school days when my buddy pulled up in his recently purchased '67 Camaro that was painted bright yellow with big fender flairs and matching yellow painted Cragar S/S rims. God that car was ugly. They painted all the trim and bumpers and everything. Took me about a week and a half to convince him it needed to be repainted. Well....me and the fact that he couldn't get any of our normal high school girlfriends to be seen in it.

Just be careful. If it starts looking like all you need is an aluminum wing on the back to make it complete - start sanding it back down. OK? :lol:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rainman.... to funny.

I remember my father in law had a throw back Transam that had matching red rally wheels. I completely agree, it is to much. That's why I would like to see some pics. Just tossing around ideas. I am in no way ready to bite the bullet yet.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Red Neck

There are some sport bikes with painted wheels.
No photos, did see and talk to rider on Kawasaki with green rims...
Looked interesting, spokes were black.

The red rims with chrome spokes on wide white walls look good to me...
but on a 'C' ?

V

·
0 Posts
...did sombody say green...

here the green monster...

green all the way, hehehehe

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Thanx Pete 8)

·
Registered
388 Posts
I saw a green X at an ABATE bike show this weekend. The wheels were two-tone silver with the centers being a goldish/brass color. IMO it was fugly.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Green

If someone can post them, my bike was just painted by Josh at JEillusions and it is green kandy over silver, he does some excelent work. One of the things I have been thinking about over next winter is powdercoating the wheels but leaving a polished lip on them, so I too would like to see pics.
Jim

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Here are some pics of Hutch's ride

Here is his Wives V-Rod

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah, JE Illusions paint jobs ROCK!

I have given them praise and thrown out there name in a couple of other posts.

Congrats on a wicked Paint Job.

BTW: I think you can just place links to JE's site as I am about 99% I saw pics of your paint there...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts