Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
never thougt i would but....
had just worked 20 hours this weekend getting my level 3 certification and was completely wore out..
had ridden 35 miles to where classes had been held at and had parked atv a service station right across the street..
finished up and got on my bike and pulled up to add fuel to it,,,,then rode off and about 1/2 down the road something just felt different?
a few seconds later i realised i had forgot to put on my helmet and glasses...
dum dum

·
Registered
14 Posts
Haven't done that yet, but sounds like something I'd be absent minded enough to do.

Reminds me of the first day our Regional Safety Coordinator visited our plant at work. He got about five seconds into the plant before three different guys stopped him to tell him to put on his MANDATORY hard hat, safety glasses, and ear plugs.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I had 2 helmets with me at work. It was raining off and no so I decided to wear the 3/4 which was strapped to the backrest. Well I packed the 1/2 in the bags and got everthing squared away and left the garage. Got most of the way home and was sitting at a light with an unmarked traffic cop behind me. Light turned green I started the turn and she lit me up. I'm thinking WTF did I do? Pull over and get off the bike start to ask what i did wrong and it hits me CRAP no helmet. Told her the story about the two helmets and I was just absent minded. I don't think she beleived me until after she wrote me a $60 ticket and I pulled the 1/2 out of the bag to finish the ride home.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I forget to wear my helmet every day. :lol:

I have on more than one occasion prepaid for gas only to go out to my truck, get in and leave without pumping... :oops:

Also in college I used to find the remote in the freezer and the milk in the pantry.

G

·
Made me laugh. I've sat on the bike, kicked her into gear and realized no helmet or glasses. Only gone that far. Thanks for the laugh, I needed that.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
FRIORIVERAT said:
I have on more than one occasion prepaid for gas only to go out to my truck, get in and leave without pumping... :oops:
+1

·
Registered
483 Posts
Did it this weekend. Pulled in for gas , took off my gloves and put them on my rear fender. Another guy pulled in on a really nice looking Road King and we started shooting the breeze for a few minutes. Fired the bike up , pulled onto the street and noticed my hands felt cool. Realized what I did and made a u-turn and saw the guy on the Road King waving my gloves in the air behind me to get my attention. I thanked him and he was gracious enough to say "I've done it a few times myself".
Joe

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
I'm not really use to wearing a lid, so last year when I was in Tennesse I had just gotten done riding the Dragon and after visiting the store I pulled away and heard something hit the ground,, ya my half rack,,,, and only in front of about 50 other riders,,,,

·
Registered
939 Posts
I had a sinking feeling about a month ago. Went to fill up the truck with Diesel and I took my wallet out of the back pocket removed CC inserted CC and put it back in my wallet and set my wallet up on my toolbox that I have in my truck. Filled up with fuel got in the truck got home went in the house to empty pockets and figured out I had left my wallet on the toolbox. Went to the truck and it was still there, oh what a empty feeling that was.

·
Registered
347 Posts
we had a guy a few years back leaving work, bikes parked in m/c lot got on his sport bike started to leave went about 180 degree short circle and fell over - he forgot to unlock the fork ! the color of his face :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hopped onto my bike one cold, cold night (about 31 degrees outside) and rode for a short time when I had to pull over to put my face mask on. Took the helmet off, put the face mask on and rode away. I was up to about 25 when I heard the helmet hit the pavement behind me.

F&*K! Was the only thing I could think of to say.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well im sure glad im not the only one to do it...lol
i did lose my glasses that was inside my helmet and had to ride 35 miles without them,,,,lucky no bugs hit me in the eye...
i did notice something unique tho...when riding about 55 people thats far sighted can easily and clearly see their guages just like they have 20 20 vision..
i seem to recall tho that high air pressure warps the cornea or eye socket just enough to change your eye sight
really wild being able to see so clearly tho :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
aardvark said:
Nothing beats getting off the bike,and forgetting to put the kickstand down.
Oh yeah? We had a guy that used ot ride with us that had to trade his bike for a trike because he would come to a stop sign and forget to put his feet down!

Jack

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Spamaster said:
aardvark said:
Nothing beats getting off the bike,and forgetting to put the kickstand down.

At least I am not the only one. :D
you guys should be ashamed of your selfs..... :oops: were yas drinkin the night b4 like me?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts