Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has any one read the june2009 cycle world page#90?
and has any one seen the june 2009 motor cyclest page#57 ?
i likes what i read do any of the owners on here agree or disagree?

·
Registered
17 Posts
has any one read the june2009 cycle world page#90?
and has any one seen the june 2009 motor cyclest page#57 ?
i likes what i read do any of the owners on here agree or disagree?
An excerpt or something would be nice for those of us who hath not the ability to have one of those fine Magazines at their disposal :p

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
I believe the Motorcyclist write-up really praised the Fury. Cycle World really seemed to like it as well, but gave the "win" (in a 2x2 shootout) to the Yamaha Raider - they referred to the Fury as a plastic chopper.

I could be wrong though - that's from memory.

:wink: :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
17 Posts
I believe the Motorcyclist write-up really praised the Fury. Cycle World really seemed to like it as well, but gave the "win" (in a 2x2 shootout) to the Yamaha Raider - they referred to the Fury as a plastic chopper.

I could be wrong though - that's from memory.

:wink: :wink: :wink:
Thank you for the brief overview kind sir.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I have test ridden the Raider While I was waiting for the dealer to finish working on my FJR1300. It is nice, and I honestly thought it might take the place of my VTX this year, but it rides too hard for me. and no good way to get stylish wind protection. I can't imagine the loss of power dropping down to the fury with its 1300 engine. that was an instant turn off for a gear head like me.
Anyway I decided to keep my VTX for another year And I bought an FZ1000 to add to my ever shrinking bike shed.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I have test ridden the Raider While I was waiting for the dealer to finish working on my FJR1300. It is nice, and I honestly thought it might take the place of my VTX this year, but it rides too hard for me. and no good way to get stylish wind protection. I can't imagine the loss of power dropping down to the fury with its 1300 engine. that was an instant turn off for a gear head like me.
Anyway I decided to keep my VTX for another year And I bought an FZ1000 to add to my ever shrinking bike shed.

I was seriously looking at the Raider as well until the local Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, and Can-Am dealer just became the newest Victory dealer. Want a nice bike? Go check out the Victory Vegas Jackpot! WOW!!!!!:yikes:

Nice freaking bike! The bike has a 106 C.I. engine with fuel injection, belt drive, pre-wired for cruise control, a real back wheel and tire(250mm) a 21" front wheel, custom looking paint with matching frame and swingarm. It also has stage 2 cams from the factory and is rated at 97H.P. and 113ft lbs. to the rear wheel stock!:thumbup: now add a set of stage three cams, pipes and intake and you've got one heck of a performance cruiser with looks to match!

They also have an orange custom looking paint job with graphics and the regular solid colors as well. I'm a little prejudice to green though!8);)

·
Registered
89 Posts
gregzfix- That is my favorite bike right now! I saw that green in person and it was amazing! Way better than the pics! I really like how they sit but have not had a chance to drive one yet, hoping to get to a demo next month, awesome!

·
Registered
529 Posts
gregzfix- That is my favorite bike right now! I saw that green in person and it was amazing! Way better than the pics! I really like how they sit but have not had a chance to drive one yet, hoping to get to a demo next month, awesome!
One of the guys at that dealer owns that exact bike with the sweeper style pipes in the top pic! He left with us when we left. That bike not only looks awesome but sounds awesome! I think it will be my next new scoot!:thumbup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts