Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard it on the radio today... and confirmed on the website.

Not sure of all the details, but their touring bikes are all getting 6 gallon tanks (from Road King to Ultra) and I think they said cruise control for all as well.

That's great news for touring enthusiasts who want to go farther on a tank. Now the competition will have to follow with more models having bigger tanks.

Maybe next generation VTX's will get bigger. It's about time!

More stuff on the HD site, but I'm just now looking at it.

This does mean the price just dropped on new '07 models, I would think.

·
Registered
109 Posts
With as much oil that they burn, spit out the side. They need to get a larger OIL reservoir.

I love my VTX and the money i saved!!!

·
Super Moderator
64,344 Posts
Yep, but my 5 gallon tank is plenty when I average 48mpg fully loaded. Plus most of their touring line comes with cruise control, the real kind, not a throttle lock. You set it, and you can toggle a switch right or left to bump the speed up in 1.5mph incriments. It also adjusts for hills on it's own just like a car. 8)

As for the second post; H-D's don't burn oil or leak it out anymore. Quit living in the past, just got back from a 4100 mile ride and no leaks and rode great.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Also read in the paper today that they are adding anti-lock brakes to ten '08' models

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
lipsmaker72901 said:
With as much oil that they burn, spit out the side. They need to get a larger OIL reservoir.
Are you speaking from personal experience or are just just spewing HD bashing crap? With a comment like that it is pretty clear you don't know much about the newer HD bikes.

·
Registered
199 Posts
RDM03 said:
lipsmaker72901 said:
Are you speaking from personal experience or are just just spewing HD bashing crap? With a comment like that it is pretty clear you don't know much about the newer HD bikes.
YOUCH! :shock:

...somebody touched a nerve :?

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Not really. I'm just wondering if he is speaking from experience or just spewing crap about something he knows nothing about. When talking about the oil that is spit out the side of an HD, I guess he didn't consider what happens to an X when the breather hose gets pinched. Seems like a little oil comes out.

If you look in this picture, you can see what I ride. I think the HD looks real nice sitting next to the 1300C and the GL1800. When Spike says they don't leak, I think I can back him up on that, with personal experience and not some gossip being spread by those with no clue. But that's just what I think or something.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
CasperVTX said:
I heard it on the radio today... and confirmed on the website.

Not sure of all the details, but their touring bikes are all getting 6 gallon tanks (from Road King to Ultra) and I think they said cruise control for all as well.

That's great news for touring enthusiasts who want to go farther on a tank. Now the competition will have to follow with more models having bigger tanks.

Maybe next generation VTX's will get bigger. It's about time!
That's freakin awasome!!!! I been waiting years for them to finally do that.

G

·
No, Harleys don't leak. After paying for a new HD and the astronomical cost of their maintenance, HD figured out that no one could afford to buy a quart of oil AND their branded clothing and parts, so they fixed the leaks. :lol:

I've never needed a bigger tank. I think most people are ready for a short break after a couple hours of riding. Anyway, not a problem for me.

As for cruise control, if I needed one, I'd drive my truck. Again, not an issue. Nice, if you're a yuppy. 8)

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Toys are expensive. Branded clothes and parts are a good idea if you like that kind of stuff. When is the last time you walked into a Honda dealer and found any kind of VTX shirt or hat? The local dealer here has pretty much gotten rid of everything but full face helmets and jackets for the street bike riders.

The HD maintenance doesn't seem that bad. Like my X, it will never see a dealer for service unless it is a warrenty issue.

G

·
RDM03 said:
Toys are expensive. Branded clothes and parts are a good idea if you like that kind of stuff. When is the last time you walked into a Honda dealer and found any kind of VTX shirt or hat? The local dealer here has pretty much gotten rid of everything but full face helmets and jackets for the street bike riders.

The HD maintenance doesn't seem that bad. Like my X, it will never see a dealer for service unless it is a warrenty issue.
I thought their warranty was voided if you didn't get all your work done by a qualified HD mechanic?

·
Super Moderator
64,344 Posts
Glennok said:
RDM03 said:

I thought their warranty was voided if you didn't get all your work done by a qualified HD mechanic?
That's BS. No manufacturer can make that claim, it's against the Magnuson-Moss Warranty act. And the cruise control is very nice addition to any bike when going for looong trips on the backroads. Nice to move your right hand off the bars for a few miles and stretch it out

·
Registered
509 Posts
Whew...the HD boys are a might testy...ROFL :)

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Glennok said:
RDM03 said:

Probably bad info spread by the same folks that keep spewing about oil leaks. Just document it, like you have to do with Honda, and you'll be good to go.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Chicago-Spike said:
No, not testy, just tired of the same old rhetoric
Maybe you should go to the HD forums if you don't like what you see here Spike :roll:

·
Registered
167 Posts
RDM03 said:
When is the last time you walked into a Honda dealer and found any kind of VTX shirt or hat? The local dealer here has pretty much gotten rid of everything but full face helmets and jackets for the street bike riders.
Actually, I was at the stealer I got my X from the other day and was suprised to see a VTX jacket and gloves with VTX on them. Surpised me as you don't see to much of that.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
donnar47 said:
RDMO3 nice combi of wheels. Iv'e had 3 HD but the older models which can hardly compare to the newer models.
Thanks. If Honda made a v-twin touring bike I'd have probably looked close at it. The problem is they don't and I didn't want to play dress up with another X. I like the HD because it is different from any thing Honda makes. Not necessarily better, just different. I still ride the 1300C to bike nights cause I really like the way it looks and rides. I've been riding for a lot of years and truely enjoy different bikes and riding in general. I don't spend a lot of time making a fuss over who's name plate is on the bike.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.