Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know its been asked but in a small search the answers are simply old or possibly no longer relevant, I found a deal for a set of 2014 HD Ultra wheels and tires for 400 locally. I know it would be work and I understand needing bearings, spacers, adapters, etc. All that said spare me the why switch to hd wheels instead, if you must know for the price and availability it may be worth it, even used VTX wheels I can't find as cheap. I saw posts about a super hub, does anyone know if they are available? or have any suggestions for where to look? I work in a machine shop, specifically a gear shop so I can reverse engineer the hub and working with people make a new one possibly. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you

· Old Goat
26,953 Posts
kind of what I am thinking, for comparison a quote on rc concepts wheels its over 3k without tires and only rotor adaptors
Theres folks on who might can help or there was….….may take a minute to show up…..if u get it done dont forget the pix….best of luck…

Reactions: Truckmanson78

· Registered
2002 VTX1800R Lowered 2" Rhinehardt Flush Cut, Brown County X with Flames Air Box Cover
1,932 Posts
There is this for the 1300: something to review

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The front wheel "MIGHT" work, but the rear wheels most certainly will NOT work as there are no adapters to change a belt drive wheel into a driveshaft/final-drive wheel
being that I make gears and in a machine shop I can make a matching hub that would bolt to the HD rear wheel, changing the front alone is ok but I would prefer to have both matched

· Super Moderator
64,439 Posts
Sorry to say, there was only a few "Super-hubs" ever made and that company has long since faded into VTX history. I was a lucky recipient of one such hub and it worked OK. From what I remember the hub got rid of the Honda cush drive cushions that took out the harshness of roll-on and roll-off throttle and replaced with nylon bushings. Also, I think the original designer worked with RC Components wheels. Maybe they have one lying around

1 - 8 of 8 Posts