Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
7,362 Posts
Very impressive example of the dumbest way to travel on a motorcycle. Modify the bike so the front hops and destroys tires and headlamps, and modify the rear suspension so it's a super hard ride. Next pack your saddlebags full of parts 'cuz your mods destroy the bike. (y)

The numbskull interviewing for the video thinks it's all "very cool". Only thing 'cooler' would be if he put square wheels on the bike. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,362 Posts
While he's out travelling the world, enjoying the great adventure, you are learning how to wash your hands properly.:):sneaky:
Doesn't take away from the fact he'd doing it the stupid way. Also, I'm not dead yet, so there's still time for me to do whatever. . .

·
Registered
437 Posts
Doesn't take away from the fact he'd doing it the stupid way. Also, I'm not dead yet, so there's still time for me to do whatever. . .
Stupid is in the eye of the beholder I think he is doing him More power :{)

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
HOP, I would have thought you'd say something in support of the cat. Just because it is not the way YOU would do it does not mean there's anything wrong with HIS way. He appears to be enjoying himself pret well. Wish I could afford to spend that much time riding.

Reactions: DrDolittle

·
Old Goat
26,438 Posts
Kudos to him and anybody else who gets off their ass and lives life…hell when I was a young man and had some meat on the bone..couldnt ride a hard tail….… down the street….”Live Long And Prosper”

·
Premium Member
9,289 Posts
Haters always gotta hate. The guy is loving it, so I hope he stays safe and rides every mile with a smile on his face.

·
Old Goat
26,438 Posts
Haters always gotta hate. The guy is loving it, so I hope he stays safe and rides every mile with a smile on his face.
Never understood why folks would begrudge anyone doing something they loved…no matter what it is or how they choose to do it…

·
Registered
7,362 Posts
HOP, I would have thought you'd say something in support of the cat. Just because it is not the way YOU would do it does not mean there's anything wrong with HIS way. He appears to be enjoying himself pret well. Wish I could afford to spend that much time riding.
I fully support and applaud any rider who's able to ride all over the world. I however am also able to see the stupidity of modifying a motorcycle so it rides so poorly that you have to find work-a-rounds like a modified headlight and saddlebags full of spare parts because the bike now is literally slamming itself apart, due to poor/no suspension. Whatever admiration I have for the guy's riding distance/adventures is diminished by his determination to do it what looks like the dumbest way possible.

Sorry, just my take.

Reactions: lofty

·
Registered
7,362 Posts
Never understood why folks would begrudge anyone doing something they loved…
Same as I never understood people admiring stupid behavior (video below is a prime example of people doing what they love and nobody should begrudge them). If you don't want to click on the link, its a compilation of skateborders doing stupid stunts, and paying the price for it.

·
Registered
7,362 Posts
Its not always about u…comment was to Harkons post…..lol
Thanks for being clear that your comment to Harkon had nothing to do with me and my comments. (y) Oh yeah, and Harkons post had nothing to do with my comments, and my post had nothing to do with either of you.

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
Jeeze Louise HOP, take a breath. Speaking for myself I enjoy your input here. You have been around a long time. But calling a guy stupid because of his choice of rides is pretty narrow. Plenty of people could do what he's doing on a factory 'adventure' bike. He has obviously chosen a different path.

·
Registered
2003 VTX 1800S, 2010 Goldwing, 2009 Spyder GS
166 Posts
I would love a chopper, just for short rides but if I had a bucket list a chopper would be on it!!!! I ever come into a little cash a Big Dog will be in my stable with tons of bling!!!

1 - 20 of 66 Posts