Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any options for replacing a headlight besides go to the dealer and picking one up?

Thanks
Tom

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
No need to see the dealer. The bulds are H4 and you can get them at any auto parts store. Get the sylvania, much brighter then stock.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Are there any options for replacing a headlight besides go to the dealer and picking one up?

Thanks
Tom

You can goto any Walmart or Auto parts store, and pick up a H-4 Bulb for around $5.00 bucks, or you can upgrade it with a Sylvia star to a brighter bulb for around $20 bucks

·
Super Moderator
64,210 Posts
Just be SURE you never touch the glass on the lamp when you put the new lamp in. Your finger print will boil on the glass and cause it to burn out very quick. If you touch the glass, be sure to clean it good with isopropyl alcohol

·
Registered
12,797 Posts
Just be SURE you never touch the glass on the lamp when you put the new lamp in. Your finger print will boil on the glass and cause it to burn out very quick. If you touch the glass, be sure to clean it good with isopropyl alcohol
True dat. Handle the new one with a Kleenex or TP. Also, the mentioned Sylvania SilverStar will give a much brighter and wider view of the road at night.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info. Got one at an auto parts store on my way home. Works great!!!! Before I posted I had called the dealer, they do not stock that bulb:cus:, would order one for me for a 3 or 4 day delivery time:dontknow:..... I could not find one at any of the dealers in town. Did find one about 40 miles from the house but they wanted $50.00 for the upgraded bulb, don't carry the stock one.

As usual you guys saved me some bucks and some travel time.... I got an upgraded bulb for less than 1/2 that.

Thanks again for the quick responses.:bowdown::bowdown:
Tom

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
Tom,
You will be amazed at the answers to questions just like a simple headlight that you will find on here. It is incredible and to think the forum is free.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Headlight

If you are going to replace the Stock, definitely do yourself a favor and get the Sylvania Silverstar. I have the Silverstar Ultra, and it made a huge difference in my vision at night.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts